Pass Ingredient Item NBT to Crafting Result

strumshot

Is there a way to access the NBT data of a crafting ingredient upon crafting without writing a new crafting GUI? I need to simply transfer an NBT value to the resulting item. I found that maps use the onCreated() method, but this does not pass the ingredient items. I'm willing to accept different approaches to my mod...

I have a custom book with specific coordinates stored in NBT (for teleportation: the book does not get consumed upon teleporting), and I have a new item, a sheet of paper, that I want to receive these exact same coordinates. My initial plan is to basically craft this custom book with a blank sheet of paper, and the paper will be single use teleporting for the same coordinates. If the NBT of the ingredient is not readily accessible without overriding the vanilla crafting GUI, then I need to approach the mod differently. Thanks much!

I'll need help, and I'll give help. Just ask, you know I will!