TileEntity not rendering

OmgImAlexis

So, I've been following a tutorial on how to add power and pipes into the game and once I get to adding the tile entities the block works but the textures won't appear on the blocks.

I have a feeling it's got something to do with the registerProxies method not being run inside of the ClientProxy but if I try and run it in the init method in the main file I get a null pointer exception and I'm not sure why it's returning that.

Here's the code.

Could you point me to where I could find an answer to this like a part of the wiki that explains it or something because I can't seem to find anything at all on using the IProxy class and none of the youtube videos for 1.7.2 or 1.7.10 seem to say you need them even though they're doing stuff with tile entities. The only reason I even have a class that implements it is because a single tutorial I found said that you needed it at the start.

I am on a mobile device some navigating your code is difficult right now however I do not see where you called your proxy methods and I also had a similar issue but I was calling the registrations in the proxy methods before registering my items. Make sure you register the icons after registering the items if that makes sense.

I'll need help, and I'll give help. Just ask, you know I will!

Exactly. if I am not mistaken your iproxy and commonproxy are both a waste, and your client proxy can simply extend your server proxy. Then you can call the method in your serverproxy after registering the items, and you should be all set, or at least on your way!

I'll need help, and I'll give help. Just ask, you know I will!