360° Rotation of Blocks

Kyoshuu

Hi there ,

I know there are plenty of ways of how to rotate blocks but only the directional rotation of  the textures , as far as i found out yet.

What i wanted to do  is a block as a nave. Then some SpecialBlocks which rotates arround this Naveblock in a nearly 360° way. (like a big Gear where you can stand on and move with it)

Next thing i want to do is to let the player rotate with the spot he is standing on .

I wanted to asks if this is even possible or if it would be needed to change minecraft itself to offer this possibility?

Hi

For the rendering, look into TileEntitySpecialRenderer.  You can use a model in there, like gummby8 said.

To move the player, you can change the player's speed by manipulating their .motionX, .motionY, .motionZ

(eg player.motionX += 0.2)

or their position by changing their posX, posY, posZ

-TGG

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm another Question:

I redicided to do this with every Block which is  connected to the rotating Face of the Naveblock ( plus the once connected to the one which is rotating as well ( up to 100blocks (or more ) )

So i do not have a OBJ-File to do this and have to use the Block itselfs like for example the Dirt-Block.

What i tried so far is to use the TileEntity of the Block connected to the Nave . But there seems no way to do this with it ... maybe im just missing something.

I also looked up the EntityFallingBlock for this . But im confused by all that wierd functionnames which i cant find at the functions.csv .

Can someone maybe explain it to me ?

EDIT: Btw. im working with Forge for MC 1.7.2  (because im still using Cauldron as Server)

Ah i see.

Than another idea . I make a movable block which can rotate and that stuff . After this i let the block copy the bounds and textures of the selected block-faces . This way i wouldnt rotate a vanilla block but a visual copy of it.

Hmm ... damn ... than i have to program some new colider-boxes which are able to rotate. 

Hi

Falling sand is an entity, not a block any more.  You can rotate it, but Minecraft collision boxes always stay aligned to the x,y,z axes, so you would need to write your own collision detection code.  Might as well stick with a TE to render the rotating parts and in its update tick perform your custom collision check on any nearby entities which have wandered into its range.

-TGG