Weird problem with REPLY packets getting lost in some conditions

McJty

I have a system where the GUI of a dialing device (tile entity) is trying to call a 'checkStatus' function on another tile entity. To do this I use a packet and a reply-packet to get the result back for my GUI. This works perfectly fine as long as the other tile entity is in the same dimension (overworld in my case). However. When the other tile entity is in another dimension (in my case the nether) then I can see from debug output that the checkStatus() function is correctly called but the return packet seems to be eaten by something. This happens all the time. It works 100% fine in case the other tile entity is in the same direction and it fails 100% of the time in case the tile entity is in a different dimension.

I'm guessing that when I do world.getTileEntity() to fetch the other tile entity from the other dimension this causes chunks to be loaded and perhaps that messes up with my reply message somehow? Is this a known issue or should I simply not do this? And if the latter, what's the best solution to solve this problem?

I'm using latest forge btw: 10.13.1.1225 but I also had the problem with 10.13.0.1205.

Thanks!