[1.7.2] [Solved] Updating Forge to 1.7.10?

Awesome_Spider

Wow, two questions in one day, lol. Ok so I want to know how to update to forge 1.7.10. My current version is 1.7.2 and I heard that has errors. So, how do I update my Forge? My best guess I that I copy my coding that I have already, and paste it in too the 1.7.10 forge, but I doubt I'm even close to right since I'm a beginner at modding.

Thanks In advance. :)

All you usually have to do is change the forge version in your build.gradle and re-run the setup tasks.

Well... I have a problem, I did what you said, and I opened it up after and it displayed an exclamation mark on the project. I looked at the errors and there is two. Error #1 says: "Build path duplicate entry: 'org.eclipse.jdt.launcher.JRE_CONTAINER' for project 'Minecraft'". And Error #2 says: "The project cannot be buit until build path errors are resolved". I think error #2 is the same thing wrong as Error #1, but I could be wrong. Help! :(

This is strictly buildpath problem, no eclipse command needed.

WARNING - Before you do ANYTHING, make backup of your workspace/src file.

Launch eclipse, right-click on project, go to properties. Click on Java Build Path (probably 4th on left), choose "Source" bookmark.

"Build path duplicate entry." Is when you have 2 src folders in "Source" bookmark. Remove one (old one). In case you removed wrong one you will have to rebuild, or just retry with your backup.

1.7.10 is no longer supported by forge, you are on your own.

Did you do gradlew eclipse again?

That's what caused the problem.

This is strictly buildpath problem, no eclipse command needed.

WARNING - Before you do ANYTHING, make backup of your workspace/src file.

Launch eclipse, right-click on project, go to properties. Click on Java Build Path (probably 4th on left), choose "Source" bookmark.

"Build path duplicate entry." Is when you have 2 src folders in "Source" bookmark. Remove one (old one). In case you removed wrong one you will have to rebuild, or just retry with your backup.

Ok, I will try that. :) wish me luck.

Edit: which one is it? In "Source", there is "Minecraft/src/main/java" and "Minecraft/src/mail/resourses". I think they are both required. But if not, which one do I delete?

2nsrz45.jpg

Is this how it looks like? If yes and you still have bad buildpath error, then you have some other more inside problem.

Problems like that are hard to resolve via posts on forum, on Skype maybe.

You can always download new forge and install it from very beginning and then move your src. (I recommend this option in order to save time).

1.7.10 is no longer supported by forge, you are on your own.

2nsrz45.jpg

Is this how it looks like? If yes and you still have bad buildpath error, then you have some other more inside problem.

Problems like that are hard to resolve via posts on forum, on Skype maybe.

You can always download new forge and install it from very beginning and then move your src. (I recommend this option in order to save time).

Ya it does. :/ I think i'll just move my src into a Forge that is already 1.7.10. Thanks for the help. :)