Forge source and Patching NMS

DerColaCase

Hi I am a Computer Science student who is learning about API and software design and I also enjoy Minecraft. I have been searching for an answer to this problem for about a week and found nothing, so I figured I would ask at last.

I know Forge has a github and I have looked over that but I cannot find where Forge actually patches Minecraft. I wanted to study how Forge hooks (is it hooks?) into Minecraft and the overall event system. I am lost and unable to find anything relevant to what I need. So I have a couple of questions?

Where can I find Forge's source/how it is integrated into Minecraft? I downloaded 'forge-1.7.10-10.13.2.1230-src' but this only gives me the source for an examplemod.

These two are not directly related to Forge but rather it's implementation.

Does Forge simply call a method like blockbreakevent(..); when, for example, onBlockHarvested(..) (inside block.java) is called?

Forge modifies the base classes of Minecraft? or does it somehow (maybe via altering bytecode, sort of like Detouring a function) hook the needed methods?

Any information would be helpful, thank you.

Hi luacs1998,

I already mentioned I know about the github. To be more specific, I am looking to learn how Forge intercepts/hooks/knows about when to call an event. For example an item being used, or a block being broke, or right clicked. Thanks.

it patchs the source, look at the patchs folder.

https://github.com/MinecraftForge/MinecraftForge/tree/master/patches/minecraft/net/minecraft