Help, I cant get this to work :(

Xyphoris

I just purchased minecraft and a book on how to mod it, I am a CS student and know some java so i wanted to continue educating myself on the topic.

Anywho, I downloaded and installed the newest version of forge and i am using EE eclipse, I cannot get it to work though, eclipse is throwing tons of errors as soon as i open it. I have not touched any coding at all, i am just trying to get the example mod to run to confirm i have this set up properly.

I am still new to all this so please go easy on me.

Thanks

here is a screenshot of the error.

http://imgur.com/gallery/TCEayRt/new

there is no Bin folder... so what should i do??

The book is probably or will be outdated soon, the idea of book for minecraft modding is plain useless due to tons of API updates (unless its a web-access book with updates).

Have glance on this:

http://www.minecraftforge.net/forum/index.php?topic=14048.0#post_update_forge

You've probably set it up wrong.

1.7.10 is no longer supported by forge, you are on your own.

Eclipse doesn't have write-access to the bin folder. To fix this, don't put the forge folder within the "Program Files" folders (or any other system folders for that matter), because programs accessing it need either admin priviledges or you need to give them write-access.

PS: Most programs put their stuff there because they usually have an installer which sets the write access for the application automatically.

Don't ask for support per PM! They'll get ignored! | If a post helped you, click the "Thank You" button at the top right corner of said post! |

mah twitter

This thread makes me sad because people just post copy-paste-ready code when it's obvious that the OP has little to no programming experience. This is not how learning works.