[1.8][SOLVED] Forge Gradle eclipse, core mods don't load correctly

a9d9d9djgdj

Currently in my forge build for 1.8 I have found that every time I try to add a core mod (specifically codechickencore and NEI, though this includes PlayerAPI and RenderPlayerAPI) it will give me the following error.

java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:1.8.0_11]
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_11]
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_11]
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_11]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135) [launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28) [launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]
at net.minecraftforge.gradle.GradleStartCommon.launch(GradleStartCommon.java:78) [start/:?]
at GradleStart.main(GradleStart.java:45) [start/:?]
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: net/minecraftforge/common/util/FakePlayer
at net.minecraft.item.Item.registerItems(Item.java:1368) ~[item.class:?]
at net.minecraft.init.Bootstrap.register(Bootstrap.java:553) ~[bootstrap.class:?]
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.<init>(Minecraft.java:315) ~[Minecraft.class:?]
at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(Main.java:117) ~[Main.class:?]
... 8 more
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: net.minecraftforge.common.util.FakePlayer
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:191) ~[launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_11]
at net.minecraft.init.Bootstrap.register(Bootstrap.java:553) ~[bootstrap.class:?]
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.<init>(Minecraft.java:315) ~[Minecraft.class:?]
... 8 more
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: net/minecraft/entity/player/EntityPlayerMP
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method) ~[?:1.8.0_11]
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_11]
at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_11]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:182) ~[launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]
... 8 more
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: net.minecraft.entity.player.EntityPlayerMP
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:101) ~[launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method) ~[?:1.8.0_11]
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_11]
at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_11]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:182) ~[launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]
... 8 more

(This is the error from PlayerAPI, codechickencore and NEI have longer and harder to read errors, but the concept is the same with both)

Again, this is for 1.8, I've looked for awhile for an answer and I'm sure it is something obvious, but I'd like a fresh pair of eyes on this. Thank you

Yes, I can provide links if necessary, but PlayerAPI, RenderPlayerAPI, CodeChickenCore, and NEI are all available for 1.8. Also, as a foot note. I can fix the problem (sort of) by calling Class.forName("CLASS_NAME"); which then loads the class and all is good. However, this doesn't fix the problem, more like a hotfix. Also, possibly unrelated. Minecraftforge mistakes CodeChickenCore for being a duplicate mod as seen here.

[13:24:33] [Client thread/ERROR] [FML]: Found a duplicate mod CodeChickenCore at [minecraft.jar, minecraft.jar]

I currently have the same problem with Nei and code chickencore, it loads them fine if I just put them in the mods folder, however when I add them to he build path for use as libraries it gives that error. www.pastebin.com/JnTwP5pw

If you use Class.forName("net.minecraft.client.gui.inventory.GuiInventory"); (as long as your mod is a core mod, maybe it'd work otherwise, I never tried) then it resolves that.

I would agree with you if it didn't work at all but it works when just in mods folder, so why would it not work when in build path aswell. Surely if it was chickenbones it wouldn't work at all. And I'm not making a core mod I'm trying to use codechicken's mods as libraries and they use one. But as I've said I believe it to be a forge problem.

Currently making a voxel game.

Alright, thanks to you termin8or I think I've found the solution. Inside the eclipse/mods folder delete all the mods inside their. Put them instead inside the jars folder inside the eclipse workspace and then add to build path. It seems to work fine with me now doing that.