[1.8] Coding Rails

Tagg393

I was hoping to replicate a Minecart without the cart, have the player still sitting but at a slightly different angle and sideways. So basically you would ride a line of the same block, with built-in support for going 2-3 different ways based on arrow key presses. I am completely fine with writing most of the code from scratch, (though it has been a while since I programmed) but some pointers would really help out :D I have been looking for tutorials for this one for a long while Lol. Thanks In Advance.

~Tagg

My (supposed) country's flag is cooler than yours. What now??

I am doing something that looks really foolish, but that if managed to pull off will look awesome. Does that help?

You can make an invisible entity.

Or..

You can move the player manually with the players velocity.

I would suggest doing the invisible entity unless somebody else has a better idea.

I'm back from being gone for... I think its been about a year. I'm pretty sure nobody remembers me, but hello anybody who does!

Umm, look into EntityMinecart code? This seems a little odd to say the least.

Thanks, looking into it now :)

I am doing something that looks really foolish, but that if managed to pull off will look awesome. Does that help?

You can make an invisible entity.

Or..

You can move the player manually with the players velocity.

I would suggest doing the invisible entity unless somebody else has a better idea.

Please explain further lol.

xD

...xD XD...... No harm done, I was actually kinda expecting something along those lines to begin with. I also figured out what you meant.... Which was what deadrecon98 was saying, and what I was looking up. Thanks anyways :)