[Solved][1.8] Trouble with Exported Jar

jibbodahibbo

Hello Everyone,

Sorry if this is a crummy question, I have not found any answers online.

I have just started minecraft modding and after doing a bunch of different tutorials and reading a ton of different resources. I had a pretty large mod going.

Whenever I'd run my mod inside of the Eclipse IDE it would be fine! I decided to build my mod and test it out in FML on an actual minecraft client as a .jar. To my surprise I ran into countless errors with my mod and instant crashes upon loading Minecraft.

Is is common for this to happen? I have been trying to debug and chase down the errors in minecrafts crash report, but the only thing I've been able to do successfully is comment out almost everything.

If anyone wants to snoop around, the link to my github is here https://github.com/jibbodahibbo/MC_Mod_Files/tree/master/src/main

Edit: To clarify I have ran a gradlew build inside of a batch file inside the folder. This is how I am getting errors trying to run my Mod In FML.

Thanks,

Jibbo

Is this what you are Looking for?

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// You're mean.

Time: 2/25/15 6:37 PM
Description: Initializing game

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: net.minecraft.creativetab.CreativeTabs.<init>(Ljava/lang/String;)V
at com.digitaleducationadventures.digimod.DigiTab.<init>(DigiTab.java:13)
at com.digitaleducationadventures.digimod.DigiMod.<clinit>(DigiMod.java:30)
at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:344)
at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.FMLModContainer.constructMod(FMLModContainer.java:422)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:483)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventSubscriber.handleEvent(EventSubscriber.java:74)
at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventSubscriber.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventSubscriber.java:47)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:322)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:304)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:275)
at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.LoadController.sendEventToModContainer(LoadController.java:208)
at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.LoadController.propogateStateMessage(LoadController.java:187)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventSubscriber.handleEvent(EventSubscriber.java:74)
at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventSubscriber.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventSubscriber.java:47)
at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.LoadController.distributeStateMessage(LoadController.java:118)
at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.Loader.loadMods(Loader.java:493)
at net.minecraftforge.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.beginMinecraftLoading(FMLClientHandler.java:208)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71384_a(Minecraft.java:414)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:326)
at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:120)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Head --
Stacktrace:
at com.digitaleducationadventures.digimod.DigiTab.<init>(DigiTab.java:13)
at com.digitaleducationadventures.digimod.DigiMod.<clinit>(DigiMod.java:30)
at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:344)
at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.FMLModContainer.constructMod(FMLModContainer.java:422)
at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.LoadController.sendEventToModContainer(LoadController.java:208)
at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.LoadController.propogateStateMessage(LoadController.java:187)
at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.LoadController.distributeStateMessage(LoadController.java:118)
at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.Loader.loadMods(Loader.java:493)
at net.minecraftforge.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.beginMinecraftLoading(FMLClientHandler.java:208)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71384_a(Minecraft.java:414)

-- Initialization --
Details:
Stacktrace:
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:326)
at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:120)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)

-- System Details --
Details:
Minecraft Version: 1.8
Operating System: Windows 7 (amd64) version 6.1
Java Version: 1.8.0_25, Oracle Corporation
Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
Memory: 85595648 bytes (81 MB) / 310030336 bytes (295 MB) up to 1060372480 bytes (1011 MB)
JVM Flags: 6 total; -XX:HeapDumpPath=MojangTricksIntelDriversForPerformance_javaw.exe_minecraft.exe.heapdump -Xmx1G -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalMode -XX:-UseAdaptiveSizePolicy -Xmn128M
IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 0, tallocated: 0
FML: MCP v9.10 FML v8.0.20.1023 3 mods loaded, 3 mods active
mcp{9.05} [Minecraft Coder Pack] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
FML{8.0.20.1023} [Forge Mod Loader] (fml-1.8-8.0.20.1023-1.8.jar) Unloaded->Constructed
dm{1.0} [Digital Adventure Mod] (modid-1.0.jar) Unloaded
Launched Version: 1.8-FML8.0.20.1023-1.8
LWJGL: 2.9.1
OpenGL: GeForce GTX 660/PCIe/SSE2 GL version 4.3.0, NVIDIA Corporation
GL Caps: Using GL 1.3 multitexturing.
Using GL 1.3 texture combiners.
Using framebuffer objects because OpenGL 3.0 is supported and separate blending is supported.
Shaders are available because OpenGL 2.1 is supported.
VBOs are available because OpenGL 1.5 is supported.

Using VBOs: No
Is Modded: Definitely; Client brand changed to 'fml'
Type: Client (map_client.txt)
Resource Packs: []
Current Language: English (US)
Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)

It seems that your mod is not getting obfuscated..

Please tell us what you did, for there would be some mistake.

I. Stellarium for Minecraft: Configurable Universe for Minecraft! (WIP)

II. Stellar Sky, Better Star Rendering&Sky Utility mod, had separated from Stellarium.

I'll walk through it as best as I can. Thank you for the help!

-I set up my workspace for my mod using mostly mr.crayfish's tutorials online.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhOSL7rGb10

-set up the jdk and the environment variable path.

-I created 3 folders. 1 for my mod files, 1 to hold eclipse. and another for the minecraft game client.

-ran gradlew eclipse, gradlew setupDecompWorkspace

-created some mods using 1.8 and 1.7 techniques

-All the mods worked fine in eclipse, although I did get a weird issue with my custom block (DigiBlock) when I debugged.

-I decided that I wanted to finally build the .jar and did so running gradlew build

-I installed FML again inside of a different minecraft client that is located in my desktop.

-Placed the .jar inside the mod folder inside of AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\mods

-Ran Minecraft client, chose the FML 1.8 as my profile

-Errors.

-I tested the Forge Mod Loader with a "blank" mod which didn't include any initializing or registering of any items, blocks, creative tab, etc. It worked, and my mod showed up in the Mods list.

So your jar is from \build\lib?

If then, try gradlew clean, and gradlew setupDecompWorkspace eclipse build.

II. Stellar Sky, Better Star Rendering&Sky Utility mod, had separated from Stellarium.

No success, still getting the same errors. :\ , I have other workspaces set up, could these be a problem?

What do you mean by "other workspaces set up"? If it is just a separated workspace, it must not affect this workspace.

Elix,

The version inside my mod folder according to the change log is this.

forge-1.8-11.14.0.1290-1.8  Is there a better way to check which version of FML is installed?

I tried using a few versions of FML 1.8 to no avail.

Edit: forgeSrc-1.8-11.14.0.1290-1.8.jar is what shows up in eclipse inside referenced libraries. My JRE is jre1.8.0_25

Edit2: this is what shows up when i run it in eclipse.  http://imgur.com/Xqo99oH

Edit3: Changed my Forge and FML versions on my client. It works now. Thank you so much for all the advice you guys rock! http://imgur.com/ISZyJcB