[1.7.10] [Solved] How Do I Open a GUI on Server?

SebasTheGreat

Hey so I've made a GUI in my mod and got it working okay. It is a GUI that isn't attached to a tile entity, and I have a problem right now where I'm trying to open the GUI on the server side but its not working. I'm using packets and the getServerHandler().playerEntity.openGui() but when I go to open it nothing happens, no errors or crash. Is there something I need to use beside openGui(), do I need to do something special with my GUI or my mod class, or does this not work period?

I'm using a key connected to the GUI so when I press a button the GUI opens. In my key handler I have the network.sendToSever(new packetWhatever). In this packet before it opens the GUI it tests to see if the player is wearing armor, which works, but after the tests run it it doesn't open the GUI for some reason.

this is in my GUI handler, I'll simplify it a little:

public onMessage
{

if( "Tests to see if armor is worn")
{
{
	ctx.getServerHandler().playerEntity.openGui...
}
}
}