[1.8] Nothing rendering in item form, please help

avin

I am getting started on my first mod through forge.

So far I've added an item and a block to try things out. My problem is, neither is rendering in item form. Instead, it is rendered as the checkered block (what I assume is the default rendering for missing model files, etc.). The block only renders correctly when placed but not in the GUI, players hand, or the ground. The item renders correctly nowhere.

I've looked through everything twice and can't figure out what I'm missing. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

avin

That resource has gotten me to where I am. Unfortunately I still seem to missing something. Please see dropbox link with class files and resources:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/360odcwsv3nm4qe/AABQH2WH_h4bAkFKLpVTt2m3a?dl=0

(Note that I may have not gotten the file paths perfect in that, I just now quickly threw everything in there. But I have gotten no missing model/texture messages from console as I already fixed those problems.)

Hi

Yeah it can be very frustrating to troubleshoot when there are almost no symptoms.  I am working on a step-by-step troubleshooter at the moment, but in the meantime you can try to track it down yourself by holding your item in your hand and inserting a breakpoint in ModelManager.getModel().  That is usually the place where the default (fallback) model is silently retrieved.  You can use that as a starting point to find out why your model is not being correctly retrieved.

-TGG

Thanks TGG.

I found the troubleshooting guide you made for item rendering and am now using that to help find my issue. I feel like I'm making some progress and when I solve the problem, I will post my issue and solution in the troubleshooter comments.

Link to guide for anyone also having rendering issues:

http://greyminecraftcoder.blogspot.com.au/2015/03/troubleshooting-block-and-item-rendering.html

avin