[1.7.10] [Solved]Get held item in client-sided event

Enders

So yeah, the title.

Of course you can't get the held item on the client side, since that is server sided. So how do I do this? I'm guessing there is just something simple I'm overlooking, right? (I need this

for the RenderGameOverlayEvent).

What makes you think you can't get the held item client-side? You can get the player using

Minecraft.getMinecraft().thePlayer

and you can get the held item from the player. You just can't modify the held item on the client-side.

Don't PM me with questions. They will be ignored! Make a thread on the appropriate board for support.

1.12 -> 1.13 primer by williewillus.

1.7.10 and older versions of Minecraft are no longer supported due to it's age! Update to the latest version for support.

http://www.howoldisminecraft1710.today/

To add a bit of explanation (OP seems to not know).

Minecraft is a combination of Client and Server thread (as of 1.8 also network threads).

On Client.jar on SP you will have Client and Server thread. On MP Client.jar will only have Client thread, while the Server.jar will be handling Server thread.

Client is (in most cases) a mirror of what server has. So basically server thread send data to all client threads connected to it and fills their data-vessels with same data it has. As long as you stay in sync your mc.thePlayer will have same data as server.

1.7.10 is no longer supported by forge, you are on your own.