[1.6.4] Making a custom Furnace with 4 input slots

shmcrae

I was wondering how to make a custom smelting recipe that allows 4 inputs, and say i wanted 4 iron in the first slot and 3 gold in the second and then have it consume all the iron and gold and output a diamond but if i put 7 iron and 4 gold it would only consume he 4 iron and 3 gold.

Ive made a custom furnace called a forge and i made a GuiHandler class, a BlockForge class, a GuiForge class, and a TileEntityForge class, im just stuck on how to create a custom recipe for that and where to put it

I haven't actually finished the furnace yet i still have to add things in most the classes but i just wanted to know how to do the recipes

GuiHandler:

http://pastebin.com/CxTSSH1C

BlockForge:

http://pastebin.com/kK8Muvjc

GuiForge:

http://pastebin.com/JJaq6iEC

TileEntityForge:

http://pastebin.com/VmDvAZRu

Hi

Since your recipes are going to be rather different to the vanilla recipes, probably best to create your own.  You could use the vanilla shapeless recipes as inspiration.  Perhaps something as simple as FourInputFurnaceRecipe with eight fields eg

public class FourInputFurnaceRecipe
  private ItemStack input1;  // type of Item and the number required
  private ItemStack input2;    
  private ItemStack input3;    
  private ItemStack input4;  
  private ItemStack output;

public ItemStack getOutput(ItemStack slot1, ItemStack slot2, ItemStack slot3, ItemStack 4) {
     // check each slot against the input to see if item matches and slot contains at least the minimum required # of items.  If so, return output, otherwise return null
  }
}

-TGG

Show us your TileEntity and IGuiHandler.

Don't PM me with questions. They will be ignored! Make a thread on the appropriate board for support.

1.12 -> 1.13 primer by williewillus.

1.7.10 and older versions of Minecraft are no longer supported due to it's age! Update to the latest version for support.

http://www.howoldisminecraft1710.today/

Nit Picks

if(slot == 0) this.forge.cookTime = newValue;
                if(slot == 1) this.forge.cookTime = newValue;
                if(slot == 2) this.forge.cookTime = newValue;
                if(slot == 3) this.forge.cookTime = newValue;

Why not

if (slot >= 0 && slot <= 3) this.forge.cookTime = newValue;

Also the reason it's not working probably has something to do with you checking the vanilla furnace recipes rather than the ones you registered.

ItemStack itemstack = FurnaceRecipes.smelting().getSmeltingResult(this.slots[0]);

Make your own class for registering your recipes, keep them in an ArrayList (I'd assume) and then check that array list

Don't i need to do all the slots though? because slots 0-3 are all the input slots. and also i still don't know how to create a custom recipe i know i have to see if the itemstack matches the slot but i just don't know how to write it out and how to check the amount that is in the slot

If you don't realise that

if (slot >= 0 && slot <= 3) this.forge.cookTime = newValue;

Has the exact same functionality of

if(slot == 0) this.forge.cookTime = newValue;
if(slot == 1) this.forge.cookTime = newValue;
if(slot == 2) this.forge.cookTime = newValue;
if(slot == 3) this.forge.cookTime = newValue;

And if you don't know how to write out code for what you want to do, you need to learn some java. We can give tips on how to do it (I.E saying what you already know, check if the item matches and the amount in the slot) but we won't write the code for you. It's actually quite simple to do, take a look at how vanilla recipes are stored.

Quick example code

public ItemStack[] in;
public ItemStack out;

public MultiSmelt(ItemStack[] in, ItemStack out) {
this.in = in;
this.out = out;
}

Now you have recipes, the ItemStack's can store the stack size. Simple make an array list with multiple of these recipes, then whenever the furnace updates check through the recipes, check to see if there is a recipe with the items in the furnace and if the items in the furnace have a stack size more than or equal to the stack in the "in" list. If so, smelt it to the "out" item.