[1.7.10] Help importing some Super Mario Galaxy models (.3ds)

roket333

For starters, Minecraft I believe, can not convert .3ds file formats to models. You will have to re-create them using Techne or some other modeling program that will suffice. Next, do you have experience with programming mods? Or have any knowledge in Java? If not, I suggest starting work on the mod and learning about it as much as you can before jumping right into the snake pit.

I am not a cat. I know my profile picture is sexy and amazing beyond anything you could imagine but my cat like features only persist in my fierce eyes. I might be a cat.

You cannot import directy .3ds, but you can .obj. It's same type of model (wavefront). To obtaint obj, import 3ds to blender and export as .obj...

For the rendering it in mc you can find tutorials, but if you don't now java (or don't know well), i recommend to start from something else, neither than from this...

I do know how to code a custom block; I have done it MANY times before.

If Nintendo didn't like us making mods of their stuff, why is the Super Mario mod still up?

Does anybody think they could make the models of a Fire Flower/Ice flower, 1up, SMG power star, SMG grand star, ? block, brick block, used ? block, mushroom, tanooki leaf, boomerang flower, cat bell, double cherry and starman?

If somebody would, please make it as close to the in-game model as possible.

Thanks in advance