[1.8] Need help with Custom World Generation

Jacky2611

Hi!

I am currently trying to create a new world type, based on the old idea of an flat earth. Basically I want to have 3-4 huge continents in the center, then a large ocean (1k from continents) and finally huge waterfalls that end in the void.

(Sort of like http://www.daysleeper.co.uk/work/flat_earth.jpg, just bigger and with more continents)

Too achieve this I created my own WorldType, ChunkProvider and WorldChunkManager. Easy.

Then I quickly got a basic noise generator running, that generates the heightmap for me. I am still not quite sure how I am going to remove the remaining continents that are to close to the end of the world (I like that, it sounds dramatic :D), but thats not so important right now.

Inspired by what some other mods are doing, I tried to add it to my ChunkProvider.

(cause thats should be the last place where everything is done, using stuff that was generated by the GenLayer)

In provideChunk() I have:

for(int j=0;j<16;j++){
            for(int k=0;k<16;k++){
            	int posX=cx*16+j;
            	int posZ=cz*16+k;

double d =3;
			try {
				d = (OpenSimplexNoiseTest.getHeight(this.worldObj.getSeed(), posX, posZ)*100);
			} catch (IOException e) {
				// TODO Auto-generated catch block
				e.printStackTrace();
			}
            	Long L = Math.round(d);
            	int height = Integer.valueOf(L.intValue())-9;

for(int posY=0; posY<256;posY++){
            		if(posY<height){		//There is no block

if(height<63){		//ocean
                       		chunkPrimer.setBlockState(posX, posY, posZ, Blocks.water.getDefaultState());
            			} else {
                       		chunkPrimer.setBlockState(posX, posY, posZ, Blocks.air.getDefaultState());
            			}
            		} else {
                   		chunkPrimer.setBlockState(posX, posY, posZ, Blocks.stone.getDefaultState());
            		}

}
            }
        }

based on the vanilla code.

But I am not sure if this is working, because the initializeAllBiomeGenerators() function in the GenLayer class looks like its generating terrain too, and not only biomes.

Islands are created --> zoom in (islands are now continents) -->more islands -->...--> rivers --> smooth --> done

As far as I understand everything my code should pretty much disable everything in GenLayer, but yeah, I still have the normal vanilla generation.

And even if that's not the problem, it looks like at least the biomes are overriding my terrain height (e.g.: mountains). Is there any way to avoid this, or to combine the biome height with mine, while keeping everything as compatible with other mods as just possible?

I would really appreciate it if someone could help me to understand things a little bit better. It has been quite some time until I used this stuff the last time.

Anways, thx for taking the time and reading all this.

Have a nice day!

Jacky

Here could be your advertisement!