[1.7.10] Turning HUD off

enbecko

If the other mods are making their HUD also in the RenderGameOverlayEvent, then it is a matter of the event priority and cancellation. I explain a bit about this in my events tutorial: http://jabelarminecraft.blogspot.com/p/minecraft-forge-172-event-handling.html

You control priority with the annotation to the event handling method. You cancel the event (if it is cancelable with the setCanceled() method).

If event handlers from different mods have same priority level I think that they'll fire based on the order the mods loaded. You can also receive events that have been canceled and uncancel them.

So putting it all together, if you make your method have priority = HIGHEST and also set to receive canceled events, then you can do what you want then cancel the event, and in vast majority of cases it will cancel the events for those other mods.

Ideally though, for compatibility with other mods you have discussion with the other mod's authors to work out agreement on how to handle it.

Note that there is a difference of opinion on receiving canceled events. I'm of the opinion that you should always receive canceled and if you care you can handle those cases where you are canceled carefully. Other people think that if another mod cancels it then they probably have a good reason to do so and you should honor it.

Check out my tutorials here: http://jabelarminecraft.blogspot.com/