Runnable / Blocking call workaround

Calcrafter

Hello,

I'm using the sphinx4 library (Speech Recognition) to create a mod like "In Verbis Virtus".

Basically you have a wand, you can rightclick it and say a spell. Based on the result different things happen.

It's working very well, most spells are already implemented and working. The problem is every time the SpeechRecognizer produces a result,

it loops through several lines of code till it has produced a good result. So every time I use my wand the server freezes and throws out a

"cant keep up" message.

The code of the sphinx4 api is not meant to be extended, so most fields are private.

I tried to use reflection, but it didn't work properly...

So my idea is it to create a class implements Runnable and put the blocking code snippet inside it.

But I don't know how to use it with an Item's onItemRightclick(...) method (return statement etc), so if anybody knows how

to do it, please tell it me.  ;)

Best regards,

xperion aka calcrafter