[1.7.10] Forge Recipe Help

AshIndigo

For my mod I have tools which can have different looks but I need to keep the damage in the resulting item when I craft the new tool.

GameRegistry.addRecipe(new ItemStack(AlloycraftItems.aluminumtooltest, 1, 1), new Object[]{
        	" A ",
        	" B ",
        	"   ",
        	'B', Items.dye, 'A', new ItemStack(AlloycraftItems.aluminumtooltest, WILDCARD_VALUE, WILDCARD_VALUE)
    	});

What is this recipe supposed to do?  Normally damage is used either for damage or as metadata.  How is your aluminiumtooltest expected to change colour?

-TGG

Thanks for responding but I just forgot to change the resulting item to a different one.

Sorry dude I have absolutely no idea what you mean :)

Have you solved your own question?

-TGG

No not yet :P Here I made an example I have a diamond sword with 5 damage and then if I craft it with lapis then I get an iron sword with the same damage as the diamond sword.

Ah ok.

I think you will need to implement a custom IRecipe for that.

GameRegister.addRecipe(myRecipe implements IRecipe);

-->Your myRecipe can match diamond sword plus lapis and return an iron sword with the damage copied from the diamond sword.

-TGG

Alright sweet so I got the class made now do I use a if statement to get if the items are there and then replace it with the other item?