[1.8][SOLVED] Custom HUD rendering enchantment glint onto items

Jedispencer21

When an Item is enchanted in your inventory, hotbar and such, it has the enchantment glint on it, but when I attempt to render the glint onto the item in the hud, I cannot get it to render.

This is what is showing ATM:

14119id.png

This is my rendering code:

public void renderItemTexture(int x, int y, ItemStack stack, int width, int height)

{

IBakedModel ibakedmodel = mc.getRenderItem().getItemModelMesher().getItemModel(new ItemStack(stack.getItem()));

if (stack.getItem() == Item.getItemFromBlock(Blocks.standing_banner) || Block.getBlockFromItem(stack.getItem()) != null) return;

TextureAtlasSprite textureAtlasSprite = mc.getTextureMapBlocks().getAtlasSprite(ibakedmodel.getTexture().getIconName());

mc.getTextureManager().bindTexture(TextureMap.locationBlocksTexture);

if (stack.getItem().isDamageable()) // Renders the durability bar under item

{

GlStateManager.pushMatrix();

double damage = stack.getItem().getDurabilityForDisplay(stack);

int j1 = (int) Math.round(13.0D - damage * 13.0D);

int k = (int) Math.round(255.0D - damage * 255.0D);

GlStateManager.disableDepth();

GlStateManager.disableTexture2D();

GlStateManager.disableAlpha();

GlStateManager.disableBlend();

Tessellator tessellator = Tessellator.getInstance();

WorldRenderer worldrenderer = tessellator.getWorldRenderer();

int l = 255 - k << 16 | k << 8;

int i1 = (255 - k) / 4 << 16 | 16128;

drawRect(worldrenderer, x + 6, y + 9, 13, 2, 0);

drawRect(worldrenderer, x + 6, y + 9, 12, 1, i1);

drawRect(worldrenderer, x + 6, y + 9, j1, 1, l);

GlStateManager.enableBlend();

GlStateManager.enableAlpha();

GlStateManager.enableTexture2D();

GlStateManager.enableDepth();

GlStateManager.popMatrix();

}

if (stack.hasEffect())

{

// Enchantment glint rendering here?

}

renderTexture(x, y, textureAtlasSprite, width, height, 0); // Renders the texture to the screen

GlStateManager.pushMatrix();

GlStateManager.scale(0.5F, 0.5F, 0.5F);

int y1 = y;

y1 += y;

mc.fontRendererObj.drawString(getDamageString(stack), x + 12, y1 + 10, 16777215); // draws durability

GlStateManager.popMatrix();

}

You should be able to just call the RenderItem method renderItem directly and it will do it for you:

Minecraft.getMinecraft().getRenderItem().renderItemModel(stack);

If that is not sufficient, then look at RenderItem#renderEffect to see how the enchanted glint is handled, and copy that (or use Reflection) into your render class.

renderItemModel creates a very weird effect with scaled HUD everywhere across my screen, and I have tried RenderItem#renderEffect but that requires about 6 or 7 different methods to work. I have tried adding all of the methods, but it still doesn't render the enchantment glow

renderItemModel creates a very weird effect with scaled HUD everywhere across my screen, and I have tried RenderItem#renderEffect but that requires about 6 or 7 different methods to work. I have tried adding all of the methods, but it still doesn't render the enchantment glow

So either copy all of them into a static Utility-type class, or use Reflection to call #renderEffect with the RenderItem instance you can retrieve from Minecraft.

EDIT: And why are you scaling your HUD? If you look at GuiContainer, it never calls scale. In fact, that's where I would look to see how to render an item with enchanted glow, or just an item in general, into your HUD.