[1.8] Generating a sphere of air?

drok0920

I am making a custom world type with a custom generater and it works but i cant seem to get a sphere of air to generate.  I ttied using the solution here:

http://www.minecraftforge.net/forum/index.php?topic=24403.0

but with no success.  It throws and Index of of bounds eception.  So my question is how can i get it to generate it.

Thanks in advanced.

Show where and how you registered your IWorldGenerator

Don't PM me with questions. They will be ignored! Make a thread on the appropriate board for support.

1.12 -> 1.13 primer by williewillus.

1.7.10 and older versions of Minecraft are no longer supported due to it's age! Update to the latest version for support.

http://www.howoldisminecraft1710.today/

You just need to check the chunk bounds while generating, or even just check if the chunk for each given position is loaded, but that's a lot more checks than simply restricting your bounds.

Given a set of block coordinates x/y/z, the chunk coordinates are (x >> 4) and (z >> 4), which is equivalent to (x / 16) and (z / 16). That will give you the (0, 0) of your current chunk, but you want block coordinates so multiply it by 16 again to get those.

// example
int x = 64;
int z = 72;
int cx = (x >> 4); // gives you 4
int cz = (z >> 4); // also gives you 4
cx = (cx << 4); // gives you 64
cz = (cz << 4); // also gives you 64
// (64, 64) is your zero position for the block coordinates (64, 72)

// This iterates over every x position in the chunk:
for (int i = cx; i < cx + 16; ++i) {
   // put z position, etc.
}

Or, once you've found the zero position, you can also set the max (zero + 16), and the make sure every block position you set is within those bounds.

Yes i'm aware that minecraft is generated in chunks my concern was that what ever is getting "cut off" will never be generated at all meaning that a sphere larger han 16/16 will no longer be a sphere.  But im still confused... can i have an example?