Forge is not being installed

pakhibirdy

Hi, I'm new here. I'm using MC 1.8.7, 1.7.10 and 1.6.2. I want to install forge for all three. I installed for 1.6.2. But for 1.7.10 and 1.8.7 the installers aren't working. I used the recommended versions. It shows the report (for MC 1.8.7 using forge 11.14.3.1450) given below:

Considering library cpw.mods:fml:1.8-8.0.127.1103: Not Downloading

Considering library net.minecraft:launchwrapper:1.11: Not Downloading

Considering library org.ow2.asm:asm-all:5.0.3: Not Downloading

Considering library com.typesafe.akka:akka-actor_2.11:2.3.3

Checking "C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\libraries\com\typesafe\akka\akka-actor_2.11\2.3.3\akka-actor_2.11-2.3.3.jar" internal checksums

checksums.sha1 validated successfully

Jar contents validated successfully

Considering library com.typesafe:config:1.2.1

Checking "C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\libraries\com\typesafe\config\1.2.1\config-1.2.1.jar" internal checksums

Considering library org.scala-lang:scala-actors-migration_2.11:1.1.0

Considering library org.scala-lang:scala-compiler:2.11.1

Considering library org.scala-lang.plugins:scala-continuations-library_2.11:1.0.2

Checking "C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\libraries\org\scala-lang\plugins\scala-continuations-library_2.11\1.0.2\scala-continuations-library_2.11-1.0.2.jar" internal checksums

Considering library org.scala-lang.plugins:scala-continuations-plugin_2.11.1:1.0.2

Considering library org.scala-lang:scala-library:2.11.1

Considering library org.scala-lang:scala-parser-combinators_2.11:1.0.1

Considering library org.scala-lang:scala-reflect:2.11.1

Considering library org.scala-lang:scala-swing_2.11:1.0.1

Considering library org.scala-lang:scala-xml_2.11:1.0.2

Considering library lzma:lzma:0.0.1: Not Downloading

Considering library net.sf.jopt-simple:jopt-simple:4.5: Not Downloading

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalStateException: Attempt to get fields on a JsonNode without fields.

at argo.jdom.AbstractJsonArray.getFields(AbstractJsonArray.java:34)

at net.minecraftforge.installer.ClientInstall.run(ClientInstall.java:203)

at net.minecraftforge.installer.InstallerAction.run(InstallerAction.java:42)

at net.minecraftforge.installer.InstallerPanel.run(InstallerPanel.java:290)

at net.minecraftforge.installer.SimpleInstaller.launchGui(SimpleInstaller.java:154)

at net.minecraftforge.installer.SimpleInstaller.main(SimpleInstaller.java:40)

1. There's no MC 1.8.7 version of Forge. It will automatically choose 1.8 for you if you use the 1.8 installer.

2. Try using the latest versions of Forge.

Don't ask for support per PM! They'll get ignored! | If a post helped you, click the "Thank You" button at the top right corner of said post! |

mah twitter

This thread makes me sad because people just post copy-paste-ready code when it's obvious that the OP has little to no programming experience. This is not how learning works.

What I can gather from the Installer Source, it tries to load the fields of the "profiles" node in your launcher_profiles.json, but it appears to be empty

https://github.com/MinecraftForge/Installer/blob/master/src/main/java/net/minecraftforge/installer/ClientInstall.java#L203

Try deleting your launcher_profiles.json, run the Minecraft Launcher and log in there, it should create a new (and correct) launcher_profiles.json. Then try to run the installers again (After closing the launcher of course).

Don't ask for support per PM! They'll get ignored! | If a post helped you, click the "Thank You" button at the top right corner of said post! |

mah twitter

This thread makes me sad because people just post copy-paste-ready code when it's obvious that the OP has little to no programming experience. This is not how learning works.

Considering library net.minecraftforge:forge:1.8-11.14.3.1487: Not Downloading

Considering library io.netty:netty-all:4.0.15.Final: Not Downloading

Considering library net.minecraft:launchwrapper:1.12: Not Downloading

Considering library org.ow2.asm:asm-all:5.0.3: Not Downloading

Considering library com.typesafe.akka:akka-actor_2.11:2.3.3

Checking "C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\libraries\com\typesafe\akka\akka-actor_2.11\2.3.3\akka-actor_2.11-2.3.3.jar" internal checksums

Considering library com.typesafe:config:1.2.1

Checking "C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\libraries\com\typesafe\config\1.2.1\config-1.2.1.jar" internal checksums

Considering library org.scala-lang:scala-actors-migration_2.11:1.1.0

Considering library org.scala-lang:scala-compiler:2.11.1

Considering library org.scala-lang.plugins:scala-continuations-library_2.11:1.0.2

Checking "C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\libraries\org\scala-lang\plugins\scala-continuations-library_2.11\1.0.2\scala-continuations-library_2.11-1.0.2.jar" internal checksums

Considering library org.scala-lang.plugins:scala-continuations-plugin_2.11.1:1.0.2

Considering library org.scala-lang:scala-library:2.11.1

Considering library org.scala-lang:scala-parser-combinators_2.11:1.0.1

Considering library org.scala-lang:scala-reflect:2.11.1

Considering library org.scala-lang:scala-swing_2.11:1.0.1

Considering library org.scala-lang:scala-xml_2.11:1.0.2

Considering library lzma:lzma:0.0.1: Not Downloading

Considering library net.sf.jopt-simple:jopt-simple:4.5: Not Downloading

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalStateException: Attempt to get fields on a JsonNode without fields.

at argo.jdom.AbstractJsonArray.getFields(AbstractJsonArray.java:34)

at net.minecraftforge.installer.ClientInstall.run(ClientInstall.java:203)

at net.minecraftforge.installer.InstallerAction.run(InstallerAction.java:42)

at net.minecraftforge.installer.InstallerPanel.run(InstallerPanel.java:290)

at net.minecraftforge.installer.SimpleInstaller.launchGui(SimpleInstaller.java:154)

at net.minecraftforge.installer.SimpleInstaller.main(SimpleInstaller.java:40)

Yes. I deleted the old profile, the launched the vanilla launcher, a new profile is created. Then I tried to install again. But it doesn't work.

Wait, did you delete the profile or the file "launcher_profiles.json"?

mah twitter

That's strange...

Let's go through all of this to track this down:

1. What launcher are you using? 3rd Party launchers usually use their own directories, so the installer wont' work for them.

2. If you delete the launcher_profiles.json, does it re-appear after you've logged in again?

3. If yes, try to run either 1.8 or 1.7.10 (whichever you're trying to install forge on now) at least once. To do that, set the MC version of your user's profile to the version I've mentioned. If you've then booted up MC until the title screen, close it and try the installer again.

4. In your new launcher_profiles.json, it must have a node which looks like this:

"profiles": {
    "A_PROFILE": {
      "name": "A PROFILE",
      "lastVersionId": "1.7.10",
      "launcherVisibilityOnGameClose": "keep the launcher open"
    }
  }

Does yours look similar?

mah twitter

1. I'm using Extreme Launcher 2.3.1.16. I don't know if this is a 3rd party launcher or not. I downloaded it from torrent.

2. Yes. It reappears after login.

3. I did exactly what you told. I used MC 1.8.7

4. My profile looks like this:

{
  "profiles": [
    {
      "profileName": "Default Profile",
      "selected": "true",
      "gameDirectory": "C:\\Users\\user\\AppData\\Roaming\\.minecraft\\",
      "lastVersionId": "1.8.7",
      "javaDirectory": "C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Java\\jre1.8.0_51\\bin\\java.exe",
      "javaArguments": "-Xmx1G -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalMode -XX:-UseAdaptiveSizePolicy -Xmn128M",
      "resolutionWidth": "850",
      "resolutionHeight": "500",
      "versionsRelease": "true",
      "versionsSnapshot": "false",
      "versionsBeta": "false",
      "versionsAlpha": "false",
      "visibility": "Close launcher"
    }
  ]
}