[SOLVED]Item-Name Color Problem.

Tsiumi

Hello

How can I define my Itemname?

I don't mean the Name like "Item Name"

The String Name "item_name"

When i do this:

public void addInformation(ItemStack stack, EntityPlayer player, List list, boolean Adva){

stack.setStackDisplayName(EnumChatFormatting.YELLOW + StatCollector.translateToLocal("item."+toString()+"."+"name"));	

} }

I got this Ingame:

width=800 height=470http://abload.de/img/2015-08-11_15.52.50dpqa4.png[/img]

How can I fix that?

I want to define:

item.item_name.name but I want this for more Items not just 4 one.

Like:

StatCollector.translateToLoca("item.item_name.name)

Maybe i don't understand your question. Here is what i've understand:

You have an item called (for example) "Super Sword"

It's unlocalized name will be: "item.super_sword.name"

This name must be colored in yellow but the name of the item must be "Super Sword" instead of "item.super_sword.name".

If i'm right you want to know the translated string corresponding to "item.super_sword.name", so you should use this code:

your_item.getLocalizedName();

wich will return the translated name for your item (in this case if you item in the code is called "sword" and you do sword.getLocalizedName(); you will get "Super Sword" as result)

Don't blame me if i always ask for your help. I just want to learn to be better :)

jabelar that's not my problem.

But I've fixed it.

btw I use a translation file. :D

Thx JimiIT92 I've an Idea.

It works with:

public void addInformation(ItemStack stack, EntityPlayer player, List list, boolean Adva){

stack.setStackDisplayName(EnumChatFormatting.GOLD + StatCollector.translateToLocal(this.getUnlocalizedName()+".name"));

} }

Ehm.... i don't speak german but standing to what Google Translate says i can tell you this: that code might work but there are tons of methods that are surely better than that. And because he is a modder longer than me and he helps me a lot too, i suggest to follow his answer ;) Mine might work and you could be ignore the other answer, it's just a your choice :)

Don't blame me if i always ask for your help. I just want to learn to be better :)

I would not suggest you keep doing what you are doing.  Follow the way dies said.

Also, what is with this???

item.xinsidion.ewm.items.ItemBasicMagic@?????

That seems very strange.  Would have expected something like item.xinsidion.ItemBasicMagic@?????

not necessarily wrong, but seems very odd.

Long time Bukkit & Forge Programmer

Happy to try and help