Storing and loading FMLProxyPackets

PixelsNeverDie

Hello fellow Modders,

for my current Project I need to store all IMessages the Client sends to the Server (and the other way around) in a File and load them later. Therefore, I'm hooking into the FML Channel using the following code:

NetworkManager nm = event.manager;
            Channel channel = nm.channel();

for(String channelName : NetworkRegistry.INSTANCE.channelNamesFor(Side.CLIENT)) {
                FMLEmbeddedChannel embeddedChannel = NetworkRegistry.INSTANCE.getChannel(channelName, Side.CLIENT);
                embeddedChannel.pipeline().addFirst(new IMessageInboundListener());
            }

for(String channelName : NetworkRegistry.INSTANCE.channelNamesFor(Side.SERVER)) {
                FMLEmbeddedChannel embeddedChannel = NetworkRegistry.INSTANCE.getChannel(channelName, Side.SERVER);
                embeddedChannel.pipeline().addFirst(new IMessageOutboundListener());
            }

The IMessageInboundListener looks the following way:

public class IMessageInboundListener extends ChannelInboundHandlerAdapter {

@Override
    public void channelRead(ChannelHandlerContext ctx, Object msg) throws Exception {
        int somehting = 0;
        if(msg instanceof FMLProxyPacket) {
            FMLProxyPacket proxyPacket = (FMLProxyPacket)msg;

String channelName = proxyPacket.channel();
            Side target = proxyPacket.getTarget();

ByteBuf buf = proxyPacket.payload();
            byte[] bytes = new byte[buf.readableBytes()];
            buf.readBytes(bytes);
            buf.readerIndex(0);

//some code to store the Packet is here
        }
        super.channelRead(ctx, msg);
    }
}

Now, my question is - how do I re-send these Packets to the Server? How can I reconstruct the Packet from the byte array, channel name and target Side and where do I need to inject it?

Thanks in advance,

Pixel

The FMLProxyPacket has a constructor that takes the ByteBuf payload and a string for channel name. Before the SimpleNetworkWrapper was working, I actually made a packet system using FMLProxyPackets. I had a tutorial here: https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=8871285205929815684#editor/target=page;pageID=4638645929701985216;onPublishedMenu=pages;onClosedMenu=pages;postNum=23;src=pagename

That tutorial should show how to send and receive FMLProxyPackets.

What are you trying to achieve? You realize that it might be a LOT of data to store...

Check out my tutorials here: http://jabelarminecraft.blogspot.com/