[SOLVED]How to fix player can stand on top of my custom entity

jabelar

I don't think it is normal behavior to be able to stand on top of an entity, right? Plus my custom entity can't be pushed out of the way.

Now I thought the canBePushed() method was the one that controlled this. I overrode it to set it to true but still seems to have the same behavior.

There is another method called canBeCollidedWith() but I think that also affects attacking and so don't think I should mess with that one, right?

I crawled through the vanilla code and most living entities set the canBePushed() to return !this.isDead() so returning true should be fine for my purpose.

What am I missing? In my entity I'm controlling the motion tightly, so I suspect that the problem is that when it tries to push me I'm overriding it with motion all 0. How would I let the motion from a push happen -- is there some sort of indication that it has been pushed?

If there is no indication that it is in the middle of a push, I guess it must work with a "friction" sort of mechanism. I know that vanilla does that (always multiplies motion by something like 0.93 or something). So I guess maybe I need to implement that?

Check out my tutorials here: http://jabelarminecraft.blogspot.com/