Change player skin in game

Dijkstra

i am trying to make a minecraft mod that allows player to change there skin game trough a block added by the game.

I have not been modding minecrarft long an do not know much more than making blocks/item and can just about manage a tile entity. Also i know of events but how subscribe not quite there yet.

I been trying to go route of changing the player model to a copy of Steve and overlaying my texture but all i ended up with was null texture person that arms and legs did not move.

So i wondering is there way to change the player skin with out messing with models, or if there is not maybe some in depth info on how to change the player model and skin would be useful.

Hi, AbstractClientPlayer as well as NetworkPlayerInfo contain information regarding the player skin. Forge really has no direct support for this other than creating your own player model via cancelling the old model using the RenderPlayerEvent. Reflection and / or ASM will probably be needed to change only the skin and not the whole model.

Development of Plugins [2012 - 2014] Development of Mods [2012 - Current]

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, AbstractClientPlayer as well as NetworkPlayerInfo contain information regarding the player skin. Forge really has no direct support for this other than creating your own player model via cancelling the old model using the RenderPlayerEvent. Reflection and / or ASM will probably be needed to change only the skin and not the whole model.

Thanks look up java Reflection (bad name by the way) seems ok but i can not really find another on AbstractClientPlayer or NetworkPlayerInfo is there like a forge documentation that i not finding as that would be useful.

Make your own player render

Watch the renderplayer event (might be renderliving, it has been a while), and when you want to use your custom skin, cancel the original render, use yours, and pass it the variables from the first one.

Long time Bukkit & Forge Programmer

Happy to try and help