[1.8] Guis that work on servers

Gr3n

I have been working on a mod that will be of help for a project that some of my friends are working on and for the mod I have a custom item that when you right click it it opens a gui with a bunch of things in it that we need. It works perfectly fine on a client but when I load it up on server at first the server would just crash every time until I went into proxy's and made it so the the open gui method only ran through the client proxy. Now the server will turn on and I can connect to it but right clicking on the item will not do anything. The gui I made is a class that extends GuiScreen and is called in the onItemRightClick override method in the custom item with Minecraft.getMinecraft().displayGuiScreen(new GuiTest()); (but that is ran through the client proxy class first). Is there any easy way to  make this work on a server or do I have to make a whole packet system, or can anyone help me quickly make a packet system if thats what it needs?

GUIs are only for client side...

You need to make a GUI handler, the container, the proxy configs and the GUI.

Well.. organize your text plz... and post your codes for analysis.

// I don't have a good tutorial link at the moment sorry (anyone?).

// BSc CIS, hardcore gamer and a big fan of Minecraft.

TmzOS ::..