Need help with Player moving commands

chris140989

Hi there,

I want to create some Chat Commands for the Player to control his movement, e.g. /move -> player goes 1 step into viewing direction or /turnLeft -> player turns to 90° to the left.

I have created a Actor.class, containing the move, turnLeft etc. methods. To perform the commands i used the EntityPlayer object given by the sender, using the command. This EntityPlayer object is called actor.

To update the players position i used the method EntityPlayer.setPostionAndUpdate(int x, int y, int z);

The problem is, that the player has to move into different direction depending on his viewingDirection. And here comes the trick because I don't know how to get the viewingDirection.

Does anybody has an advice how I can access it?

Hope this was clear enough to state out the problem I am facing.

Edit: I've found out that we should use the Minecraft.getMinecraft().getRenderViewEntity()- method to access the viewingDirection from players, this method returns a entity-object. But I still don't know how to work with it. Can anybody help me?

I have now managed to create the /move command, the player knows walks 5 blocks towards north if the player is facing in that direction.

Here is my Actor.class with the move()- Method:

public class Actor {

EntityPlayer actor;
BlockPos actorPosition;

public Actor(ICommandSender sender) {
	actor = (EntityPlayer) sender.getCommandSenderEntity();
}

public void vor() {
	actorPosition = actor.getPosition();

// Yaw is direction left to right
	int yaw = (int) actor.rotationYaw;
	// Pitch is direction top to bottom
	int pitch = (int) actor.rotationPitch;

// -224 to -135 == north
	if (yaw > -224 && yaw < -135) {
		actor.addChatComponentMessage(new ChatComponentTranslation("Facing North!"));
		// actor.setPositionAndRotation(actorPosition.getX(),
		// actorPosition.getY(), actorPosition.getZ() - 10, yaw, 0);
		actor.setPositionAndUpdate(actorPosition.getX(), actorPosition.getY(), actorPosition.getZ() - 5);

}
	actor.addChatComponentMessage(new ChatComponentTranslation("pitch = " + pitch + " | yaw = " + yaw));
}

public String getName() {
	return this.actor.getDisplayNameString();
}
}

Now I want to create the /turnLeft command, meaning if the player looks north, he should look towards west after the command. I figured out that the method EntityPlayer.setPositionAndRotation() should be the key, but when I run it, it does not update the player location. Can I somehow force the player to update his position?