Test PlayerName

Ne0NAfr0

Hey, I am working with some code that required the players name to be the same. I would like to be able to test the code where the player name does not change from "playerX", ex" player293, then recompile and your name is player143 or whatever.

Just a quick question, only way I found around was to compile, run another client with updated mod pack and join a LAN server. It is a bit tedious... not really a fan. Is there any easy fix, apart from changing my code to not use the players name?

.|\| E0 |\|.      /\ Fr0

If that is a bother you can use the use program arguments in the debug configuration to specify a user account:

--username=<minecraft username> --password=<minecraft password>

Also, just curious as to why it is the player name specifically that you are concerned with.  In general, if you want to track a player use getPersistentID() - the value will be the same for a player account even if they rename the character.

You don't need to specify a password unless you want to use an actual account (which will require an internet connection!) - I typically just supply the --username argument so my name is consistent and I don't have to worry if I'm connected or not.

@OreCruncher A typical use case for wanting a consistent name is testing custom tames or some such where the owner/player is stored by UUID while offline and needs it to be the same next time they log in.