[1.7.10] Creating a ship, boat like (Entity render?)

ciroreed

Hi all.

Im pretty new at minecraft forge as a coder but i know java so far. What i want to do is something weird that isnt in any basic or advanced tutorial.

I was thinking about TunnelBore in railcraft which is an entity which we can interact with.

https://github.com/CovertJaguar/Railcraft/blob/master/src/main/java/mods/railcraft/client/render/carts/RenderTunnelBore.java

But the code isnt descriptive at all.

I used Mrscrayfish model creator to do a simple boat model (dont worry about if it looks like a s***), then i exported to json model. What ever.

iVj1I5k.png

How i can render it in game?

to provide more aditional info about the mod:

Player can build several ships, corvette, frigate ..

These ships must be BUILD as a multiblock structure at water (like railcraft multiblock or other mods do or vanilla mc with iron golem, etc)

When the structure match the design an entity (or whatever) must be replace the structure, like railcraft's tunnelbore.

Then ... this isnt clear now but, the player can enter and command the ship. While player is inside the ship he cant move it self, only command the ship. But im looking to a solution to leave the command and move inside the ship through a blank dimension which only contains a chamber which represents inside the ship, if the player breaks the chamber, ship will sink! (player will be teleported to the place where the ship was, many wood blocks will be dropped).

Many thanks guys! any help is welcome!

Currently there are few (outdated?) mods that introduce ships.

More currently - theBest108 is developing quite awesome idea of making ships being their own world:

http://www.minecraftforge.net/forum/index.php/topic,34903.msg184035.html#msg184035

As to problem: My guess is that you are on 1.8.

To track placing blocks you will probably want PlaceEvent and check if there is a match.

Then simply spawn new Entity (lookup boats).

Entities require Renderer, which should be registered on game startup.

If you registered .json model, then you can pull it from registry and render inside Renderer, as to how: MinecraftByExample might be helpful regarding how to work with models at all, but presonally I can't give you direct instructions about Entities, you might want to look at how EntityItem is rendered into world.

1.7.10 is no longer supported by forge, you are on your own.