[1.8.8] ResourceLocation as a directory [SOLVED]

RANKSHANK

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone knows of a way grab ResourceLocation as a directory, or even just get a list of files in a given folder of the loaded resource packs. At the moment I'm just reading from a txt file with file names listed in it since I have set locations I need to parse through. It works but I was hoping for something a little cleaner and more end user friendly

Also since this doesn't deserve its own thread; is there a call for binding custom IMetadata instances? I've resorted to using reflection and being lazy with some parsing

for(Field f : Minecraft.class.getDeclaredFields())
		if(IMetadataSerializer.class == f.getType())
			try {
				f.setAccessible(true);
				((IMetadataSerializer)f.get(Minecraft.getMinecraft())).registerMetadataSectionType(new SpriteSerializer(), Sprite.class);
				break;
			} catch (Exception e) {
				e.printStackTrace();
			}

Once again works perfectly, just wondering if there's anything cleaner that I've missed

I think its my java of the variables.

I have some explanation of ways to access resources here: http://jabelarminecraft.blogspot.com/p/minecraft-forge-1721710-modding-tips_9.html

The key point is that Minecraft has a resource manager class that provides various methods. One of the methods gets all the resources: Minecraft.getMinecraft().getResourceManager().getAllResources(). I think it maybe can help do what you want.

Check out my tutorials here: http://jabelarminecraft.blogspot.com/

Thanks for the response!

I've read through the IResourcePack handling and it's not what I'm looking for unfortunately... IResourcePack is used to add a new Resource Locale, such as a new type of compressed file or a fed byte stream for a given domain, but that won't provide any existing resource packs' (selected/server/default) file list... I actually need to handle the IResourcePack so I can look through the files inside of it

At this point it's looking like I'm going to need to use some reflection to grab the fallback resource manager for my domain at SimpleReloadableResourceManager#domainResourceManagers, reflect into that fallback resource manager to get FallbackResourceManager#resourcePacks to iterate through so I can run a switch by the type of IResourcePack in it to access the files in the location.

i.e. AbstractResourcePack#resourcePackFile  && DefaultResourcePack#mapAssets

Thankfully it appears that the FallbackResourceManager has the resource packs listed in the order of importance.

Once I have my list of files I'll be able to split their paths so I can create their correlating resource locations and feed them back into the game.

I didn't say to look at IResourcePack. I said to look at the resource manager, which works on resource locations. It is the same thing that Minecraft uses to find all the block models, entity models, textures, etc. It looks in a folder and gives a List of all the resources in it.

Check out my tutorials here: http://jabelarminecraft.blogspot.com/

I didn't say to look at IResourcePack. I said to look at the resource manager, which works on resource locations. It is the same thing that Minecraft uses to find all the block models, entity models, textures, etc. It looks in a folder and gives a List of all the resources in it.

Actually the resource packs do all of the manual lifting, ResourceManager just queires the loaded resource pack instances. My issue with getting a directory is that the IResourcePacks will only return files to the ResourceManager, directories churn out null values aplenty.

Got it 100% working with the dynamic texture loading. Basic premise is:

/* boolean code at play */ 
List<IResourcePack> packs = Minecraft.getMinecraft().getResourceManager().domainResourceManagers.get(MyMod.ID).resourcePacks;
for(IResourcePack pack: packs) // Invert the list parsing. FallbackResourceManager#resourcePacks is kept in reverse order
    if(pack instanceof AbstractResourcePack){
        List<String> locations = parseDirectory(pack.resourcePackFile);
        if(locations.size() > 0)
            for(String s: locations)
                TextureMap.registerSprite(new ResourceLocation(MyMod.ID, s));
        else
            continue; 
        break; //So we don't load more textures once we've picked up the first resource pack that contains them.
    }

Quite a few bits of reflection in the non boolean code but it works perfectly. Probably a bit of lag during texture loading added since I have to compare against all of the entries in a zipped texture pack.

If anyone wants to read through my actual code for this just let me know.