[1.8] Entity ocassionally not in client's Chunk.entityLists & not rendering

techstack

I've created a custom Rideable entity in my mod I'm able to spawn it in game and see it.

However ocassionaly when the player goes to a distant chunk and returns to the entity it will not render... sometimes its OK sometimes it's not.  The issue can be resolved by relogging into the SMP server or reloading a SSP world.

I've done a good deal of debugging & tracing the code and it seems to me that the entity is not in the Client's version of the EntityLists for the chunk & the shouldrender method is not geting called.

I've also confirmed the client is aware of the entiy & is in the correct location by adding logging statments in it's update methods.

I also belive it is an issue with entity not being in the Chunks entitylist because in SMP Player A may not be able to see the entity but Player B can and as soon as Player B rides the entity over a chunk border Player A's system will begin rendering the entity again.

Any suggestions as to why this may be occuring?

Just looking for a point in the right direction :)

Project's github for reference:

https://github.com/TechStack/TechStack-s-HeavyMachineryMod

TechStack

I know what you're talking about, I'm assuming these are big entities. What's happening is that if the Chunk their center position is in isn't being rendered, the game will decide not to render any of it :P . I got around this using the RenderWorldEvent, just look in the RenderGlobal class for a renderEntities() method, you'll see what I mean.

• 1 month later...

Updating for anyone that may come across this later.

The workaround causes problems in 1.8.9 as i suspected it might.

It causes the entity to get rendered many times over which is not desirable so the issue is back for me.

What method call should be setting the entity as being in a chunk client side?

I ask because it seems its not getting called correctly in my mod some times so i suspect it could possibly be in a method i've overridden.