SOLVED [1.8.8] Blocks with .OBJ Models Not Rendering In Forge 1635

Zaerudath

I just updated from 1608 to 1635 and blocks with .OBJ models stopped rendering.

Before, with 1608:

9Y1pABP.png

After, with 1635:

DQuj6vF.png

The block has a complex setup with extended state model variants but I didn't change anything else.  JSON models (shown in the background) render fine.  I back-leveled to 1608 and then re-updated to 1635 just to be sure.  Error log is clean.  The item uses the same model and renders OK in the tool bar, so it appears the model and textures are still being loaded correctly.

I probably did something I shouldn't have that didn't cause a problem until now, but it isn't something obvious to me. I've gone through the forge change log and didn't see anything that looked like it would cause this. (And the test code for .OBJ models on github also hasn't changed as far as I could tell.) I noted in the changelog there were some enhancements to face culling, but I haven't looked at those changes yet.

I'm going to take another pass at it now in more detail, but thought I'd check in here in case anyone else has already seen this.

My (ugly) code is at https://github.com/grondag/Adversity, but it is a lot to wade through.  I was about to do some refactoring after the update then this happened.  :)

edit: forgot to mark this solved.

Thank you so much!  I'm sure I was still days away from figuring that one out.  Had not even thought to look there yet.  You just made my day!

Also, really appreciate all the work you've done on forge rendering.  Some really powerful tools you've given us, and having lots of fun working with them so far.  I have to take nap after only 30 minutes of quaternions and matrices, so I don't think my mod would even be possible if you hadn't done most of the heavy lifting already.

Thanks again!