Working on one mod with two computers

Asweez

I just got a laptop and I want to work on my mod from both my laptop and my desktop computer. I have tried using Google Drive, where I put the mod folder in Google Drive and eclipse accesses it from both computers. However, when I try to open up the folder in eclipse, nothing is there. Is there a better way of doing this or is there something I'm doing wrong? (I' prefer to keep using Google Drive, too)

Thanks

Creator of the MyFit, MagiCraft, Tesseract gun, and Papa's Wingeria mod.

If you want to work simulataneously on both computers and they are on same network, just share mod folder on one computer and select it on another.

If you want to work at different moments on different computers and have code synced, use github.

I do exactly this -- switch from laptop to desktop. The best way is you should use Git or similar online revision control method. Basically, your code (and other files needed to build) are stored on github or bitbucket and then git keeps each of your computers in sync. It is the same way multiple programmers can work on same project from different computers.

I have a tutorial on setting this up. Instead of using git directly I recommend using a graphical interface that has embedded git called SourceTree. This is free, as is github. It isn't so hard to set up and is really useful. It also provides full revision control that allows you to revert mistakes, selectively merge, maintain common code for multiple versions of Minecraft, and so forth.

Here is the link to my tutorial: http://jabelarminecraft.blogspot.com/p/minecraft-forge-publishing-to-github.html

Check out my tutorials here: http://jabelarminecraft.blogspot.com/