[Solved] [1.8] Accessing Methods/Fields of another Mod

ccsimon

Hi,

I'm trying to add a waypoint to JourneyMap with a custom button; now, because it appears that there is no easy way of accessing a field of another mod, I would appreciate some suggestions on how I may do this (It seems like the important class is journeymap.client.waypoint.WaypointStore, but how do I access it?).

I'll be using this mod only privately, so it doesn't have to be the cleanest code.

Thanks for helping!

Well, if author doesn't provide dev-source which you can use to direct-reference his classes, then your best shot is to use Reflection.

You will simply need to check if Mod is loaded and then use Method/Field to change stuff.

Note that you should reflect method/field once and then reuse it.

Google Reflection tutorial.

1.7.10 is no longer supported by forge, you are on your own.

Maybe this helps you (bukkit programming, but you could adjust it):

When you want to edit the banlist of a server you can't do BanList.pardon(); because it's not static.

You have to do BanList.getBanList(Type.NAME).pardon();

Mabe in JourneyMap there is somethig like: WaypointManager.getWapoints().addWaypoint(...);

Bringing the best mod back alive! Our mod REFORGED!

Balkon's Weapons for 1.8: https://github.com/TheOnlySilverClaw/Reforged/releases

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
    • Whether you are a fan of Hypixel Bedwars, SkyWars and PvP gamemodes like that, well you would enjoy this server! We have a very fun and unique style of PvP that a lot of our players really enjoy and we want to bring this server to more players like you! Yes you reading this post haha. Introducing, the Minezone Network, home of SUPER CRAFT BLOCKS. We've been working on this server for over 4 years now. Here is what we have to offer: SUPER CRAFT BLOCKS: This has 3 different gamemodes you can play, Classic, Duels and Frenzy. Each mode offers over 60 kits to choose from, along with a total of over 60 maps, allowing for various different playstyles on each map. There are also random powerups that spawn on the map which can include Health Pots, Bazookas, Nukes, Extra Lives and way way more! There is also double jump in this gamemode as well, which makes PvP a lot more fun & unique. You only need a minimum of 2 players to start any mode! Classic: Choose a kit, 5 lives for each player, fight it out and claim the #1 spot! Look out for lightning as they can spawn powerups to really give you an advantage in the game! Duels: Fight against another random player or one of your friends and see who is the best! Frenzy: Your kit is randomly selected for you, each life you will have a different kit. You can fight with up to 100 players in this mode and lets see who will be the best out of that 100! All the other stuff from Classic/Duels apply to this mode as well like powerups. We have 2 ranks on this server too, VIP and CAPTAIN which has a bunch of different perks for SCB and other things like Cosmetics and more.   SERVER IP: If this server has caught your interest in any way, please consider joining and you will NOT regret it! Bring some of your friends online for an even better experience and join in on the fun at: IP: minezone.club Hope to see you online!   SERVER TRAILER: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0phpMgu1mH0
    • The mod give new blocks  
    • I will a Mode for 1.21 in this Mod give new block, items and dimensions   
    • Remove Optifine For shader support and similar, use Embeddium + Oculus
  • Topics

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.