How to add Unlocalized Strings?

benfah

Use Block#setUnlocalizedName and Item#setUnlozalizedName for items.

I still haven't published a mod because I can never get that in-dev version just right to warrant a public release. And yes, after two years of mod development I am still learning to speak Java.

Follow me on GitHub: https://github.com/yooksi

Contact me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/yooksi

Read my Minecraft blog: https://yooksidoesminecraft.blogspot.de/

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
    • The error still remains. For additional information, I can send you some more code,  main class Afraid.java:  package org.mymod.afraid; import net.minecraft.resources.ResourceLocation; import net.minecraft.world.entity.EntityType; import net.minecraft.world.entity.MobCategory; import net.minecraft.world.entity.monster.Zombie; import net.minecraftforge.common.MinecraftForge; import net.minecraftforge.event.entity.EntityAttributeCreationEvent; import net.minecraftforge.eventbus.api.IEventBus; import net.minecraftforge.eventbus.api.SubscribeEvent; import net.minecraftforge.fml.common.Mod; import net.minecraftforge.fml.event.lifecycle.FMLClientSetupEvent; import net.minecraftforge.fml.event.lifecycle.FMLCommonSetupEvent; import net.minecraftforge.fml.javafmlmod.FMLJavaModLoadingContext; import net.minecraftforge.registries.DeferredRegister; import net.minecraftforge.registries.ForgeRegistries; import net.minecraftforge.registries.RegistryObject; @Mod("afraid") public class Afraid { public static final String MODID = "afraid"; public static final DeferredRegister<EntityType<?>> ENTITY_TYPES = DeferredRegister.create(ForgeRegistries.ENTITY_TYPES, MODID); public static final RegistryObject<EntityType<AfraidBoss>> AFRAID_BOSS = ENTITY_TYPES.register("afraid_boss", () -> EntityType.Builder.of(AfraidBoss::new, MobCategory.MONSTER) .sized(0.6F, 1.95F) // Size of the entity .build(new ResourceLocation(MODID, "afraid_boss").toString())); public Afraid() { IEventBus modEventBus = FMLJavaModLoadingContext.get().getModEventBus(); ENTITY_TYPES.register(modEventBus); modEventBus.addListener(this::commonSetup); MinecraftForge.EVENT_BUS.register(this); } private void commonSetup(final FMLCommonSetupEvent event) { // Additional common setup if needed } @Mod.EventBusSubscriber(modid = MODID, bus = Mod.EventBusSubscriber.Bus.MOD) public static class ModEvents { @SubscribeEvent public static void onRegisterAttributes(EntityAttributeCreationEvent event) { event.put(Afraid.AFRAID_BOSS.get(), AfraidBoss.createAttributes().build()); } } } EntityEvents.java:  package org.mymod.afraid; import net.minecraft.world.entity.EntityType; import net.minecraft.world.entity.MobCategory; import net.minecraftforge.registries.DeferredRegister; import net.minecraftforge.registries.ForgeRegistries; import net.minecraftforge.registries.RegistryObject; public class EntityEvents { public static final DeferredRegister<EntityType<?>> ENTITY_TYPES = DeferredRegister.create(ForgeRegistries.ENTITY_TYPES, Afraid.MODID); public static final RegistryObject<EntityType<AfraidBoss>> AFRAID_BOSS = ENTITY_TYPES.register("afraid_boss", () -> EntityType.Builder.of(AfraidBoss::new, MobCategory.MONSTER) .sized(0.6F, 1.95F) .build("afraid_boss")); } As for attributes, they are only in the boss class itself.
    • Hello, new coder and first time posting, sorry if I get stuff wrong Been having a really difficult time trying to figure out this potion effect. I want to give a potion effect that denies the wither effect on the player. I've looked over a lot of different tutorials, and through some other mods and made something that sort of works but it was based on applyEffectTick and the players would still take a tick of damage before the potion effect kicked in. When looking up other ways to do this I saw there was like the PotionEvent but whenever I try to use it, I get errors of how it cannot be defined. This is my code right now that doesn't work package io.github.AndroPups.tsmp_models.effect; import net.minecraft.world.effect.MobEffect; import net.minecraft.world.effect.MobEffectCategory; import net.minecraft.world.effect.MobEffects; import net.minecraft.world.entity.LivingEntity; public class NoWitherEffect extends MobEffect { public NoWitherEffect(MobEffectCategory mobEffectCategory, int color) { super(mobEffectCategory.BENEFICIAL, color); } public static void onPotionAdded(PotionEvent.PotionAddedEvent event) { LivingEntity entity = event.getEntityLiving(); MobEffect potionEffect = event.getPotionEffect().getEffect(); if (potionEffect == MobEffects.WITHER); { entity.removeEffect(MobEffects.WITHER); } } @Override public boolean isDurationEffectTick(int duration, int amplifier) { return true; } } And this code works but occasionally still applies damage because of ticking effect.   package io.github.AndroPups.tsmp_models.effect; import net.minecraft.world.effect.MobEffect; import net.minecraft.world.effect.MobEffectCategory; import net.minecraft.world.effect.MobEffects; import net.minecraft.world.entity.LivingEntity; public class NoWitherEffect extends MobEffect { public NoWitherEffect(MobEffectCategory mobEffectCategory, int color) { super(mobEffectCategory.BENEFICIAL, color); } @Override public void applyEffectTick(LivingEntity pLivingEntity, int pAmplifier) { if (!pLivingEntity.level().isClientSide()) { if (pLivingEntity.hasEffect(MobEffects.WITHER)); { pLivingEntity.getEffect(MobEffects.WITHER); } } } @Override public boolean isDurationEffectTick(int duration, int amplifier) { return true; } } I've tried to see if PotionEvent was removed from recent Forge updates but can't really find any information on it. Any information at all would be helpful! Thanks!
    • Right after "private final Item item;" you will need "private final float chance;" Then you will need to add that variable to your constructor the same way you did for Item. It should work after that.
    • I am playing on Mac, tried to install a mod to the Forge mod folder, restarted Minecraft to activate it and now the game is crashing on launch with error code 1. Because I'm on Mac, I can't remotely access the mods folder without having to get into the Minecraft title screen to click the mods tab. Is there any way I can extract the file remotely, or is there a way to uninstall Forge so I can reinstall it with no mods?
  • Topics

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.