Smaller Blocks

dfrankcom

Hi all,

I am extremely new to modding, and have almost no idea what I am doing. I am creating a very basic mod (adding new blocks and items to the game), but need a much more complicated thing done before I can move on with my mod. I need to change the default block size in Minecraft so that everything is a quarter of the size. This would mean that there would be 8 blocks in the space that there used to be one. I have no idea how to do this, and am not even sure if it is possible. I am aware that there are modders who have already done this, such as in the Little Blocks Mod, but I would like to implement my own version into my mod. If it is any easier to code, I am willing to make it so that the only blocks that need to be a quarter of the size are the blocks that I have created. If anyone has any idea how to do this, their help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

dfrankcom

You could scale all mobs so that they are twice the size that they should be?

Or, you could add a block that lets you place blocks in it, but I don't know how that is done.

width=300 height=100http://i.imgur.com/ivK3J.png[/img]

I'm a little surprised that I am still ranked as a "Forge Modder," having not posted a single mod since my animals mod... I have to complete Digging Deeper!, fast!

Thanks for the response, I was considering making everything larger, but that would include making the objects like chests larger as well. I also have no idea how to make the player themselves bigger. Does anyone know how to do either of those things?

Thanks,

dfrankcom