1.8.9 textures refuse to load

MrHubbard

So i have everything setup correct to my knowledge. but blocks and item textures refuse to load as well as lang file. BUT i know the folder structure is setup correctly because the Gui's are finding the right images?

GUI image example

Code that loads the gui texture

private static final ResourceLocation grinderGuiTextures = new ResourceLocation(Reference.MOD_ID + ":textures/gui/container/SimpleMachine.png");

2n6eog5.jpg

The folder structure is as followed > assets\trueminecraftmachines\

Blockstate example

{
    "variants": {
        "facing=north": { "model": "trueminecraftmachines:grinder" },
        "facing=east":  { "model": "trueminecraftmachines:grinder", "y": 90 },
        "facing=south": { "model": "trueminecraftmachines:grinder", "y": 180 },
        "facing=west":  { "model": "trueminecraftmachines:grinder", "y": 270 }
    }
}

Block Model example

{
    "parent": "block/orientable",
    "textures": {
        "top": "trueminecraftmachines:blocks/grinder_top",
        "front": "trueminecraftmachines:blocks/grinder_front",
        "side": "trueminecraftmachines:blocks/grinder_side"
    }
}

Block Model Item example

{
    "parent": "trueminecraftmachines:block/grinder",
    "display": {
        "thirdperson": {
            "rotation": [ 10, -45, 170 ],
            "translation": [ 0, 1.5, -2.75 ],
            "scale": [ 0.375, 0.375, 0.375 ]
        }
    }
}

Item Model Example

{
    "parent": "builtin/generated",
    "textures": {
        "layer0": "trueminecraftmachines:items/iron_dust"
    },
    "display": {
        "thirdperson": {
            "rotation": [ -90, 0, 0 ],
            "translation": [ 0, 1, -3 ],
            "scale": [ 0.55, 0.55, 0.55 ]
        },
        "firstperson": {
            "rotation": [ 0, -135, 25 ],
            "translation": [ 0, 4, 2 ],
            "scale": [ 1.7, 1.7, 1.7 ]
        }
    }
}

There should be some errors in the FML log (logs/fml-client-latest.log), upload it to Gist and link it here.

Like diesieben07 said, you should also post the code; preferably on Gist with syntax highlighting.

Please don't PM me to ask for help. Asking your question in a public thread preserves it for people who are having the same problem in the future.

[16:55:06] [Client thread/WARN] [FML]: Unable to load block model: 'trueminecraftmachines:block/grinder' for variant: 'trueminecraftmachines:grinder#facing=east': java.io.FileNotFoundException: trueminecraftmachines:models/block/grinder.json

[16:55:06] [Client thread/WARN] [FML]: Unable to load block model: 'trueminecraftmachines:block/grinder' for variant: 'trueminecraftmachines:grinder#facing=north': java.io.FileNotFoundException: trueminecraftmachines:models/block/grinder.json

[16:55:06] [Client thread/WARN] [FML]: Unable to load block model: 'trueminecraftmachines:block/grinder' for variant: 'trueminecraftmachines:grinder#facing=south': java.io.FileNotFoundException: trueminecraftmachines:models/block/grinder.json

[16:55:06] [Client thread/WARN] [FML]: Unable to load block model: 'trueminecraftmachines:block/grinder' for variant: 'trueminecraftmachines:grinder#facing=west': java.io.FileNotFoundException: trueminecraftmachines:models/block/grinder.json

[16:55:07] [Client thread/ERROR] [FML]: Exception loading model for variant trueminecraftmachines:iron_dust#inventory for item "trueminecraftmachines:iron_dust"

[16:55:07] [Client thread/ERROR] [FML]: Model definition for location trueminecraftmachines:grinder#inventory not found

[16:55:07] [Client thread/ERROR] [FML]: Model definition for location trueminecraftmachines:iron_dust#inventory not found

Your models couldn't be found. Are they in the right location?

You also posted the console output rather than the FML log. The log contains finer-grained messages that explain what's going on.

Please don't PM me to ask for help. Asking your question in a public thread preserves it for people who are having the same problem in the future.

- Do not use the unlocalized name to determine the model name or the registry name.

- Do not use the ItemModelmesher to register your models, use ModelLoader.setCustomModelResourceLocation in preInit instead.

For more info we would need to see where you call into these "_List" classes (horrible name, but oh well).

There registered in the clientproxy

https://gist.github.com/anonymous/6ff437ee3718f75b6bfb

What do you mean i don't use it... ever...

Exactly what he said: You never actually reference the

proxy

field (at least in the code you've posted), so it's not doing anything. If you want its methods to be called, you need to call them yourself.