[1.9] BUG Forge 1787 - Restricted movement when next to a block

Zucanthor

I encountered a bug where I could only move in a north direction, or sometimes in a north/south direction.  This was noticed on a Vanilla 1.9 multiplayer server and I was in a tunnel underground that was only 2 blocks wide and 2 blocks high, but long.  I could only go back and forth in the tunnel and not side to side. 

I was able to reproduce the bug on a freshly installed Minecrat 1.9 and a freshly installed Forge 12.16.0.1787 with no config/option changes and in single player with a freshly created super flat world. 

The bug appears to only trigger when standing next to a block (either at feet level or at head level).  When next to a block, travel direction will only be able to happen by hugging the block in either direction.  If the row of blocks runs out and it causes you to no longer be next to a block, the movement restriction is lifted and you can move in any direction again (until you are next to a block again).  However, if you are hugging a block and run into another block ahead or behind (that is, you hit the inside of a corner), you lose ALL ability to move and become stuck.

To reproduce, create an 8 x 8 x 1 square wall.  Test from the outside of the wall and notice that when hugging the outside of the wall and the wall runs out, you can move freely.  Then test from inside the wall and notice that when you hit a corner, you can't move.  However, if you jump up and move, you can free yourself.

Oh, my desktop is Ubuntu 14.04.  That might be important... and I haven't tested this out yet on my Mac or a windows system.