[1.9] Cram all machines into a single block

octonion

I am trying to put many,many (potentially greater than 16) tile entities into one single block. Currently I have the following problems:

1. How do I attach a tile entity to the block based on the damage of the corresponding ItemBlock? The onItemUse method of ItemBlock does not mention about TileEntity, and the corresponding handling is done in the World class. The createTileEntity method does not provide any information about the placer either.

2. How do I change the texture/model based on the TileEntity? I am thinking about using getActualState(IBlockState, IBlockAccess, BlockPos) or TileEntitySpecialRender.

Thanks in advance.

My suggestion: don't. Unless your blocks are all closely related, it is my opinion that your code is much better off with individual block classes and instances.

But, if you really want to, there is a Block method (NOT the one in BlockContainer, but the one added by Forge) that returns a TileEntity and has the IBlockState / metadata as an argument, so you CAN return different TileEntity types based on that criteria. However, I believe you would be limited to the 16 values of IBlockState, as you wouldn't be able to use the 'actual' state at this point given that the TileEntity does not yet exist.

As for rendering, #getActualState is perfectly fine, and you probably won't even need a TESR to do it - ISmartBlockModel (or whatever replaced it in 1.9) provides everything you need to render based on the extended block state.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
    • I am following a tutorial for modding minecraft 1.20.1, and while running the mod with the minecraft of the idea, no errors was present but, when I switched to real minecraft, it started to want a default constructor "public ZeroToAutomation()" instead of the one recomended by the video "public ZeroToAutomation(FMLJavaModLoadingContext context) {...}", and I can't use the default constructor because I need the FMLJavaModLoadingContext to register the blocks and items.   The problem is at: "net/myself/zerotoautomation/ZeroToAutomation.java" the file contains the default constructor, "Logger"s, and the code for the mod the defaut constructor was added after an error requesting it the Loggers was used to see which methods/constructors was used by the Launcher   things that I tried to fix the issue: remove the default constructor, but an error appeared "net.myself.zerotoautomation.ZeroToAutomation.<init>()", and nothing else on the class runs adding an "public static void init()" method, but it changed nothing   The mod files: https://github.com/Matwaua/Zero_To_Automation/tree/not-finished
    • It is an issue/conflict with distanthorizons
    • I have been trying to combat this issue between oculus and embeddium and to no avail... I have already tried a few online tutorials on how to get this working but it doesn't work at all. https://pastebin.com/geQgifjc
    • wow you sound like fun to play with
    • Instale el mod en mi servidor y este se queda iniciando por horas, en la consola me habla de algo de permisos y trate de seguir la ruta que me da pero no existe.   [13:05:32 INFO]: CustomNPC Permissions available: [13:05:32 INFO]: customnpcs.edit.blocks [13:05:32 INFO]: customnpcs.edit.villager [13:05:32 INFO]: customnpcs.global.bank [13:05:32 INFO]: customnpcs.global.dialog [13:05:32 INFO]: customnpcs.global.faction [13:05:32 INFO]: customnpcs.global.linked [13:05:32 INFO]: customnpcs.global.naturalspawn [13:05:32 INFO]: customnpcs.global.playerdata [13:05:32 INFO]: customnpcs.global.quest [13:05:32 INFO]: customnpcs.global.recipe [13:05:32 INFO]: customnpcs.global.transport [13:05:32 INFO]: customnpcs.npc.advanced [13:05:32 INFO]: customnpcs.npc.ai [13:05:32 INFO]: customnpcs.npc.clone [13:05:32 INFO]: customnpcs.npc.create [13:05:32 INFO]: customnpcs.npc.delete [13:05:32 INFO]: customnpcs.npc.display [13:05:32 INFO]: customnpcs.npc.freeze [13:05:32 INFO]: customnpcs.npc.gui [13:05:32 INFO]: customnpcs.npc.inventory [13:05:32 INFO]: customnpcs.npc.reset [13:05:32 INFO]: customnpcs.npc.stats [13:05:32 INFO]: customnpcs.scenes [13:05:32 INFO]: customnpcs.soulstone.all [13:05:32 INFO]: customnpcs.spawner.create [13:05:32 INFO]: customnpcs.spawner.mob [13:05:32 INFO]: customnpcs.tool.mounter [13:05:32 INFO]: customnpcs.tool.nbtbook [13:05:32 INFO]: customnpcs.tool.pather [13:05:32 INFO]: customnpcs.tool.scripter
  • Topics

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.