[Solved] [1.8.9] Disable custom TESR (from mod)

Aulig

Hello,

is it possible to disable a TESR? Id like to use the TESR only if a Keybind is toggled, but the 2 ideas i had dont work:

- i cant just temporarily "unregister" the TESR as its in init

- if i put it inside of an if-statement, the TE will just be invisible

Thanks in advance.

Thats what i did (unless im misunderstanding you).

shortened code:

@Override
    public void renderTileEntityAt(TileEntity te, double x, double y, double z, float partialTick, int destroyStage) {
    	//tKeybind is true when the Keybind is toggled
    	if(KeyHandler.tKeybind){

ModelSign model = new ModelSign();

GL11.glPushMatrix();
          ResourceLocation redBlock = (new ResourceLocation("mymod", "textures/blocks/redBlock.png"));
  Minecraft.getMinecraft().renderEngine.bindTexture(redBlock);
          model.render(null, 0.0F, 0.0F, -0.1F, 0.0F, 0.0F, 0.0625F);
          GL11.glPopMatrix();
    	}
    }

http://prnt.sc/b3q3ec (keybind not toggled; invisible)

http://prnt.sc/b3q3t2 (keybind toggled; renders how i want it to render)

Oh. I was messing around with where i place the model creation to see if it makes any difference.

Also my problem is that i want the sign (in this case) to be rendered normally as if my TESR didnt exist.

Okay, ill try to explain it as simple as i can. But also id like to thank you for taking this time to help me.

So without a TESR the sign is rendered as a normal vanilla sign with the standard model and texture. (the sign is the tileentity im modifying)

Then if "SignReader" is toggled i want it to check if the sign says the given text in the given line. If it does i replace it with a green box and if it doesnt with a red box. I have all of this worked out so i only need a way to reset the sign to a normal sign without anything modified. If i do it like you suggested i have the standard model but not the standard texture (its invisible, but the "hitbox" when looking at it shows that the shape is the standard one).

The reason why i want to do that is because you cant read the text on it when its invisible/my custom model.

I really hope this was understandable now :)

Well Im bad at explaining what i want apparently. Is there any way i can make it use the default sign TESR instead of my custom one?

(obviously not all the time, as i sometimes want render it as red/green)

Or do you mean that I can somehow edit the normal sign tesr?

thanks, but how do i get the vanilla sign model? Can I find it in the mcp? I assume that would be TileEntitySignRenderer, right?

public class TileEntitySignRenderer extends TileEntitySpecialRenderer
{
    private static final ResourceLocation field_147513_b = new ResourceLocation("textures/entity/sign.png");

/** The ModelSign instance for use in this renderer */
    private final ModelSign model = new ModelSign();
    private static final String __OBFID = "CL_00000970";

public void func_180541_a(TileEntitySign p_180541_1_, double p_180541_2_, double p_180541_4_, double p_180541_6_, float p_180541_8_, int p_180541_9_)
    {

but what do i do with all the ofuscated methods and so on?

(Note: MCP 1.8.8 doesnt work for me somehow, so im using 1.8. Is it deobfuscated better?)

I wish i knew this earlier, couldve saved me a couple hours...

Turns out i already couldve looked at the sources but i just didnt know they were where they are.

Thanks a lot for taking your time to help me with my nooby questions.