[1.9.4] [SOLVED] Render Registry

Bektor

Hi,

I'm wondering if there is a way to register the inventory and world renderer for a block and all it sub-blocks with just having to call the method which registers the block ONCE. It should also work for all blocks, if they are using normal item blocks or custom ones should not matter and it should not matter which block it is.

It's really not the best solution to have to call the render register method for all blocks and all sub-blocks again and again.

Thx in advance.

Bektor

Developer of Primeval Forest.

I am not sure what your question is.

My question is:

How can I register the block and all sub-blocks for rendering once instead of having to register every sub-block manual.

I've got some blocks with a metadata from 0 to 15 and I don't want to call 16 times the method to register the ItemBlock rendering and to register the Block rendering.

I'm searching for a way where I can call one method and this method registers the item block and block rendering for all 16 sub-blocks and this method should even work with just having 14 sub-blocks or 10 sub-blocks etc. and for every block .

Umm... for-loop? Make utility method and make it go though x sub-blocks.

Is there a way to get the exact number of sub-blocks without having to give it the method as a parameter?

So before the for-loop runs the method identifies how much sub-blocks need to be registered.

You could iterate through the block's valid states (

BlockStateContainer#getValidStates

) and use

Block#getMetaFromState

to get the metadata corresponding to each one.

Please don't PM me to ask for help. Asking your question in a public thread preserves it for people who are having the same problem in the future.