Minecraft Modding Done Right

JoseluGames

width=256 height=75https://raw.githubusercontent.com/JoseluGames/MinecraftModdingDoneRight/mc-1.10/src/main/resources/assets/jlgm_mmdr/logo/jlgm_MMDR_Logo.png[/img]

Hello to everyone!!

First of all before you read anything you need to know something: I'm not a native english speaker so sorry if I write something wrong  ;D

The other day I was playing with forge modding (I have some experience doing it even though I just published one mod) and as always I wanted to search tutorials for the new versions to see the things that changed and the way that other modders have to sort their files. After some research I went to the forge source code and saw some functions used in the tutorials that were deprecated so I thought "Why not to make a mod example that uses the latest functions in forge in a good manner?". And that is why I'm here, say hello to the "MinecraftModdingDoneRight Project" (Or MMDR Project).

What is the MinecraftModdingDoneRight Project?

The MMDR Project is a GitHub repo with the source of an example mod that (Aims to) be the one of reference. To achieve this I want the Forge Community to (If they want) help me.

How you can help?

You can create a Pull Request to the GitHub repo or create an Issue.

Where should you do it?

I set up a GitHub repo here: https://github.com/JoseluGames/MinecraftModdingDoneRight

Any suggestions will be appreciated  :D

Come and say hi at www.twitter.com/JoseluGames

That's a really nice idea, but I think that the problem of all tutorials are that they aren't going beyond the basics. Most of advanced things I learned either from searching google for my problem and encountering forum topics on minecraftforum.net and minecraftforge.net, or looking up source code of other mods that do what I need to implement (via github for open source mods, and via JD-GUI for closed source mods).

I might come back later, when I'll start porting my mod to 1.10, but keep it up anyway! :)

Blockbuster – simple machinimas and cinematics for Minecraft