[Eclipse] Automatically copy mod-jar into run/mods/

maknahr

Okay sorry:

What i did: Run the client.launch inside eclipse.

What i should've done: Run ./gradlew runClient inside eclipse

What would solve my problem: A way to execute a .sh inside eclipse (this worked atleast 5-6 years ago as far as i remember).

I followed the instructions on the readthedocs domain of forge and setup my eclipse.

The following things work:

- Launching Minecraft with forge via the client.launch (aswell as the server) and using the mods that are in the run/mods/ dir

- building the mod from within eclipse with the gradle into build/libs/

- writing a mod

what my problem is:

After some time it is getting really tedious to always move the jar "by hand" (via terminal cp) and executing all steps on at a time.

Is there a way to

1) automate moving/copying the jar within eclipse (.sh's aren't supported anymore as far as i can tell, google doesnt know the answer)

2) setup a command chain within eclipse (building jar, copying it, launching the client) or is that something i should just do via a .sh/terminal and get over with it (is it possible to do that inside the .launch? i tried but with no luck)

if you signed your post you wasted time

Why do you need to do this? Forge will load your mod from your IDE's build output directory, you don't need to build a full JAR with Gradle and put it in the mods folder.

Please don't PM me to ask for help. Asking your question in a public thread preserves it for people who are having the same problem in the future.

Okay thanks, i guess i read the doc right and it should work like that but it sadly doesnt

just starting the client with the client.launch doesnt load the mod content

does it have anything to do with my eclipse workdirectory because i might messed that up

e: wait i might found a solution, will edit the main post if im alright

if you signed your post you wasted time