Item models and localised names broke after forge reinstall - can't find problem

Jay Avery

I made the foolish mistake of rearranging some folders, and somehow killed my forge workspace, so I ended up reinstalling forge to sort it out. I backed up all my mod files and the install went fine except that I installed a more recent version than I had before. When I moved my mod files back to their previous location and test ran the mod, it worked fine except the items didn't have their models or localised names. Instead they're all purple-black cubes called "item.[itemname].name". I replaced the model files, textures, and language file when I moved all my mod files back, and I've checked and double-checked that they're all there are don't have any errors.

I'm wondering if I've got my folder structure slightly wrong, or if there's maybe some kind of unlocalised name reference that's changed in the latest forge update. Can anyone tell me (specifically for the latest version of forge - I installed it today):

- the exact folder structure I need to put my language, model and texture files in?

- if anything in the way unlocalised names are referred to has changed?

- some other mistake that could explain the fact that the items are present but without models or names?

I'm wondering if I've got my folder structure slightly wrong, or if there's maybe some kind of unlocalised name reference that's changed in the latest forge update. Can anyone tell me (specifically for the latest version of forge - I installed it today):

- the exact folder structure I need to put my language, model and texture files in?

- if anything in the way unlocalised names are referred to has changed?

- some other mistake that could explain the fact that the items are present but without models or names?

None of this has changed recently. This page explains where each type of file need to be located.

Please don't PM me to ask for help. Asking your question in a public thread preserves it for people who are having the same problem in the future.

None of this has changed recently. This page explains where each type of file need to be located.

That page doesn't have any mention of a folder with the modid name, which is what I've been using. Am I missing something?

This is a screenshot of my folder structure:

width=143 height=506https://s31.postimg.org/j88x0156z/Screenshot_000113.png[/img]

The Forge folder is where gradlew.bat is, where I ran the setupDecompWorkspace command to set up forge. The eclipse folder is where my eclipse workspace is. "jj" is my author name and "test2" is my modid. Should the lang, models, and textures folders be directly inside the resources folder - instead of inside the modid folder? Surely that would allow interference between mods? :S

You have the correct structure there, the paths on that page are actually relative to src/main/resources/assets/<modid>/.

Please don't PM me to ask for help. Asking your question in a public thread preserves it for people who are having the same problem in the future.