java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: net/minecraft/block/Block

Wirkungsquantum

Good day,

i only just started modding for minecraft the other day using the tutorials on the wiki. It worked perfectly fine until i tried to add a new block. While it still worked with the minecraft version emulated by eclipse my "ordinary" minecraft gives me the above error message. I used the "import net.minecraft.block.Block;" line just as in the tutorial, i assume otherwise the eclipse-minecraft would have had some error of its own. So now my question is: Does anyone have any idea why this might be happening? I myself am clueless for now, and using the search function did not really help me. Please inform me if additional information are required though i didn't see a sticky about a specific form for requests in this sub-forum.

Good day,

i only just started modding for minecraft the other day using the tutorials on the wiki. It worked perfectly fine until i tried to add a new block. While it still worked with the minecraft version emulated by eclipse my "ordinary" minecraft gives me the above error message. I used the "import net.minecraft.block.Block;" line just as in the tutorial, i assume otherwise the eclipse-minecraft would have had some error of its own. So now my question is: Does anyone have any idea why this might be happening? I myself am clueless for now, and using the search function did not really help me. Please inform me if additional information are required though i didn't see a sticky about a specific form for requests in this sub-forum.

It's net.minecraft.src.Block.  The fact that minecraft worked fine in eclipse makes me think that your mod file is in the same package as minecraft's Block.java file -- which makes me fear that you're putting your mod files directly in net.minecraft.src.  That's usually a bad idea, as (iirc) it always means that the compiled version of your mod must be installed directly in minecraft.jar.  I recommend looking through wuppy's tutorials on modding post-1.3.1, one of the things they recommend is putting all your mod files in a custom package.

one of the things they recommend is putting all your mod files in a custom package

which i have done already:

2z7is9c.png

Also it is not net.minecraft.src.Block any longer:

2mjxx.png

You can also look that up in the tutorial:

http://www.minecraftforge.net/wiki/Tutorials/Basic_Blocks

Here it says import net.minecraft.block.Block;

Wuppy's tutorial appears to be older (18th August) than this one (13th December)

Anyhow, thank you for your input, maybe you can think of another possible reason?

He's got #444 or above. You need to run recompile.bat and reobfuscated.bat, then the files for the mod.zip will be in reobf/minecraft

Protip: try and find answers yourself before asking on the forum.

It's pretty likely that there is an answer.

Was I helpful? Give me a thank you!

width=635 height=903http://bit.ly/HZ03zy[/img]

Tired of waiting for mods to port to bukkit?

use BukkitForge! (now with a working version of WorldEdit!)