net.minecraft.item.Item cannot be cast to java.lang.Character

CoAmA

Can anyone tell me what i am doing wrong ... every one says it is bad syntax ... but all over the internet this is the solution... i am using inteliJ as IDE, when i comment this piece of code.. every thing is ok .. the client starts ... the server starts ... but when i just try to put in this recipe for a the saddle it crushes ...  the error log said that the error "net.minecraft.item.Item cannot be cast to java.lang.Character" is on the line "GameRegistry.addRecipe(new ItemStack(Items.SADDLE, 1), new Object[]{"

@EventHandler

public void init(FMLInitializationEvent event)

{

GameRegistry.addRecipe(new ItemStack(Items.SADDLE, 1), new Object[]{

"xxx" ,

"y y" ,

"z z" ,

"x" , Items.LEATHER, "y", Items.STRING, "z", Material.IRON

}

);

}

i am lost of ideas, i am on this particular bug for 2 days now .... nonstop, please have mercy and help me :D preatty please

vers 1.10.2

programmer 2 days old minecraft modder, 2 month old minecraft player, 6 years old web developer:D