Loading Screen Help - Forge.gif

SiNevesh

So, simple question; Is it possible to change the 'forge.gif' file that appears on the loading screen? (and mojang.png, but that is not the main focus of this post) If the answer is no, end post. If I am supposed to be able to, I was hoping someone might have an inkling of what is going on.

I placed a custom forge.gif in "...\.minecraft\resources\assets\fml\textures\gui" in hopes of replacing it. What instead happens is forge crashes on launch after a couple seconds of black screen. To make clear, it does not crash when using no file or when using the original 'forge.gif'. Forge only crashes when using a custom gif. I have tried quite a few variations of transparency, no transparency, matching resolution, matching framerate, looping once, looping forever, and a couple different gif settings while exporting from Photoshop. I also tried modifying one frame from the original forge.gif to check if that would work. It did not. Forge definitely knows there is a file and is trying to read it, but it doesn't like doing so.

The few mods I had did not make a difference to whether or not it crashed. However, I have removed all mods remaining and left my custom .gif in the folder to acquire a crash log that would be as clean as possible.

http://pastebin.com/6ePV8Pfp

While I could test more extensively, I feel I will not come to the answer. Forge is being extremely picky with the file it chooses, and I am unsure why. Every other program has no problem.