import net.minecraft.world.World;
import net.minecraftforge.fml.common.network.IGuiHandler;

/**
* Created by faraddox on 27.10.2016.
*/
public class NESGuiHandler implements IGuiHandler {

public static final int NESGUI_ID = 0;

@Override
    public Object getServerGuiElement(int ID, EntityPlayer player, World world, int x, int y, int z) {
        return null;
    }

@Override
    public Object getClientGuiElement(int ID, EntityPlayer player, World world, int x, int y, int z) {
        switch (ID) {
            case NESGUI_ID:
                return new NESGui(player);
        }
        return null;
    }
}

and key handler (client side of course)

[spoiler=NESKeyHandler]

package com.faraddox.nes.event;

import com.faraddox.nes.NES;
import com.faraddox.nes.gui.NESGui;
import com.faraddox.nes.gui.NESGuiHandler;
import com.faraddox.nes.proxy.ClientProxy;
import net.minecraft.client.Minecraft;
import net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiScreen;
import net.minecraft.client.settings.KeyBinding;
import net.minecraftforge.client.event.MouseEvent;
import net.minecraftforge.fml.common.eventhandler.EventPriority;
import net.minecraftforge.fml.common.eventhandler.SubscribeEvent;
import net.minecraftforge.fml.common.gameevent.InputEvent;
import org.lwjgl.input.Keyboard;

/**
* Created by faraddox on 27.10.2016.
*/
public class NESKeyEventHandler {

public static KeyBinding openGuiKey = new KeyBinding("nes.openGuiKey", Keyboard.KEY_K, "nes.gui");

@SubscribeEvent(priority = EventPriority.NORMAL, receiveCanceled = true)
    public void onEvent(InputEvent event) {
        if (openGuiKey.isPressed()) {
            Minecraft.getMinecraft().thePlayer.openGui(
                    NES.instance,
                    NESGuiHandler.NESGUI_ID,
                    Minecraft.getMinecraft().theWorld,
                    0, 0, 0
            );
        }

}

@SubscribeEvent
    public void onWheelRotated(MouseEvent event) {
        GuiScreen gui = Minecraft.getMinecraft().currentScreen;
        if (gui instanceof NESGui && event.getDwheel() != 0)
            ((NESGui)gui).scroll(event);
    }
}

For some reason my player data on Minecraft.getMinecraft().thePlayer is all defined as 0 (default). Doesn't matter, if i use constructor to link player or just use mc.thePlayer in GuiScreen.

I have my own command to show data in chat. If i use it, all data is shown and all OK, it's not only zeros.

Mod,  that adds skill system (WIP, 1.10.2)

https://github.com/faraddox/NotEnoughSkills

You haven't really shown how you're storing or retrieving your data, but it sounds like you're not syncing it to the client. Commands are run on the server side (unless you register them with

ClientCommandHandler

), so a command would show the server's copy of the data rather than the client's.

Please don't PM me to ask for help. Asking your question in a public thread preserves it for people who are having the same problem in the future.

You haven't really shown how you're storing or retrieving your data, but it sounds like you're not syncing it to the client. Commands are run on the server side (unless you register them with

ClientCommandHandler

), so a command would show the server's copy of the data rather than the client's.

Is syncing important if i test it just in singleplayer?

Yes, even in singleplayer there's a client and a server involved.

Don't PM me with questions. They will be ignored! Make a thread on the appropriate board for support.

1.12 -> 1.13 primer by williewillus.

1.7.10 and older versions of Minecraft are no longer supported due to it's age! Update to the latest version for support.

http://www.howoldisminecraft1710.today/

Take a look at http://mcforge.readthedocs.io/, it is the documentation of Forge, including networking.

Don't PM me with questions. They will be ignored! Make a thread on the appropriate board for support.

1.12 -> 1.13 primer by williewillus.

1.7.10 and older versions of Minecraft are no longer supported due to it's age! Update to the latest version for support.

http://www.howoldisminecraft1710.today/

But it is strange.. If every event is handling on both side, i must have same player on client side..

I have my own capability on player. Will it be different on client side and server side in singleplayer? In core of capabilities are NBT tags, as i understand. Does they sync or not? And if events handling on both side, as i say before, these tags in my capability must be same on bother side without syncing, i think.

But it is strange.. If every event is handling on both side, i must have same player on client side..

I have my own capability on player. Will it be different on client side and server side in singleplayer? In core of capabilities are NBT tags, as i understand. Does they sync or not? And if events handling on both side, as i say before, these tags in my capability must be same on bother side without syncing, i think.

Single player is just a server with one player online.

The client and server will each have their own

EntityPlayer

instance, each of which will have its own instance of your capability.

Capabilities are only written to NBT when they're being saved to the disk. They're not automatically synced, you need to sync them yourself.

Only the server will save and load capability data from the disk, the client will always have the default data for your capability unless it's synced from the server.

If an event is fired on both sides (not all events are) you should be able to make changes to the capability data on both sides; but this won't be reliable if the client never had the correct data in the first place. As an example, let's say that your capability stores a single number and a player has the number 2 stored. When an event is fired that adds 5 to this number, the server's new value will be 7 (2 + 5) but the client's new value will be 5 (0 + 5).

Please don't PM me to ask for help. Asking your question in a public thread preserves it for people who are having the same problem in the future.

Single player is just a server with one player online.

The client and server will each have their own

EntityPlayer

instance, each of which will have its own instance of your capability.

Capabilities are only written to NBT when they're being saved to the disk. They're not automatically synced, you need to sync them yourself.

Only the server will save and load capability data from the disk, the client will always have the default data for your capability unless it's synced from the server.

If an event is fired on both sides (not all events are) you should be able to make changes to the capability data on both sides; but this won't be reliable if the client never had the correct data in the first place. As an example, let's say that your capability stores a single number and a player has the number 2 stored. When an event is fired that adds 5 to this number, the server's new value will be 7 (2 + 5) but the client's new value will be 5 (0 + 5).

Understood. And then, when i should sync data? On player joining and handling each event that changes this data?

Understood. And then, when i should sync data? On player joining and handling each event that changes this data?

The capability itself should sync its data whenever it changes, including when it's loaded from NBT.

The capability itself should sync its data whenever it changes, including when it's loaded from NBT.

Thank you again) I wrote data sync, and after some tests, crashes (cause i used setInt(index, value) instead of writeInt(value)) it's working:

[spoiler=Screenshot of gui with data, i got from server]

39d59e6403.ndefined