Does anyone have a link explaining the X's for the 3x3 crafting grid?

gurujive

I know to make recipes n such I need the knowledge of the X's.

But I have forgotten this stuff, and I need to find it again... google, bing, yahoo have failed me once again.

(most likely because im typing in the wrong thing)

example of what I'm talking about:

GameRegistry.addRecipe(new ItemStack(GuruItems.NETHER_ORB), new Object[] {" X ",  "X X", " X ", 'X', Item.getItemFromBlock(Blocks.OBSIDIAN)});

I know this results in top right left and down needing to be placed. But I need some kind of visualization of what XX or X is where and what not.

the end result being 4 pieces of obsidian in the corners 4 elements in top right left down and a slime ball in the middle taking up all spaces in the crafting grid. Help would be nice, cuz I feel pretty dumb not being able to recall this, or for that matter being able to look it up -.-

You have 3 Strings, each of size 3, defining row 1, 2 and 3 of the crafting grid. You can see it like this:

GameRegistry.addRecipe(new ItemStack(GuruItems.NETHER_ORB), new Object[] {
" X ",  // top row
"X X", // middle row
" X ", // bottom row
'X', Item.getItemFromBlock(Blocks.OBSIDIAN)});

This is your recipe. After that there is a character (

'X'

) and an Item. This tells the

CraftingManager

that the

'X'

s in the recipe are obsidian.

Also, you can omit the

new Object[]

, as it's a varargs parameter.

Don't PM me with questions. They will be ignored! Make a thread on the appropriate board for support.

1.12 -> 1.13 primer by williewillus.

1.7.10 and older versions of Minecraft are no longer supported due to it's age! Update to the latest version for support.

http://www.howoldisminecraft1710.today/

I know to make recipes n such I need the knowledge of the X's.

But I have forgotten this stuff, and I need to find it again... google, bing, yahoo have failed me once again.

(most likely because im typing in the wrong thing)

example of what I'm talking about:

GameRegistry.addRecipe(new ItemStack(GuruItems.NETHER_ORB), new Object[] {" X ",  "X X", " X ", 'X', Item.getItemFromBlock(Blocks.OBSIDIAN)});

I know this results in top right left and down needing to be placed. But I need some kind of visualization of what XX or X is where and what not.

the end result being 4 pieces of obsidian in the corners 4 elements in top right left down and a slime ball in the middle taking up all spaces in the crafting grid. Help would be nice, cuz I feel pretty dumb not being able to recall this, or for that matter being able to look it up -.-

Also the X's can be anything you like as in my crafting recipes

GameRegistry.addRecipe(new ItemStack(ModInfo.blockBlueScreen, 8, 0), new Object[] { "BBB", "BIB", "BBB", Character.valueOf('B'), new ItemStack(Blocks.CLAY, 1, 0), Character.valueOf('I'), new ItemStack(ModInfo.itemBlueScreenPaint.setContainerItem(Items.BUCKET), 1, 0) });

also if you set your recipe up for a 2x2 grid it can be crafted in the players inventory.

Also the X's can be anything you like as in my crafting recipes

GameRegistry.addRecipe(new ItemStack(ModInfo.blockBlueScreen, 8, 0), new Object[] { "BBB", "BIB", "BBB", Character.valueOf('B'), new ItemStack(Blocks.CLAY, 1, 0), Character.valueOf('I'), new ItemStack(ModInfo.itemBlueScreenPaint.setContainerItem(Items.BUCKET), 1, 0) });

also if you set your recipe up for a 2x2 grid it can be crafted in the players inventory.

You don't need the "

new Object[]

" as the method wants varargs, like larsgerrits states. Also, what the heck are you doing with the

Character#valueOf()

?

GameRegistry.addRecipe(new ItemStack(ContentRegistry.GHAST_TEAR_JAR), 
			"TTT",
			"TJT",
			"TTT",
			'T', Items.GHAST_TEAR, 'J', ContentRegistry.JAR
			);

Works just fine and dandy, without all that baggage.

Also previously known as eAndPi.

"Pi, is there a station coming up where we can board your train of thought?" -Kronnn

Published Mods: Underworld

Handy links: Vic_'s Forge events Own WIP Tutorials.